Do you still have your gallbladder?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I was asked that all day today as I was tested and prodded because I had the most excruciating night of pain in my stomach last night.

Turns out, I only get to say "yes" to that question for only a little time longer.

They sent me to get an ultrasound, and even though the tech said that my gallbladder looked "nasty," I held out hope.

But my wife (a nurse) looked at the report and the ultrasound images, and confirmed that yep, I not only have an inflamed gallbladder, but that I also have gallstones. She says that pretty much guarantees that my gallbladder is coming out as soon as I get scheduled to talk to a surgeon.

As of this very moment, I'm off of fatty foods (my MF-ing favorite kind of food! :mj:), and that would stay like that for the rest of my life after I get the gallbladder taken out.

So, anyone else here get this stupid organ taken out? How did it affect your diet and your lifestyle? I'm not usually a sharing MF on here (or anywhere), but this has me worried, even though the procedure itself is fairly safe and outpatient. It's the "rest of my life" thing that bothers me.

A buddy at work had his removed. Nothing to it, back at work a day later. He can't tolerate hot spicy foods anymore. A little heat is ok, say a Bell Pepper, a little Serano pepper; but Jalapenos are out. He can still have the occasional hamburger, the occasional fried chicken dinner, but gravy and sausage with his biscuits? Nope. Not every day. Other than that, he feels great. It apparently had been affecting him for a while and he had just got used to it till it went nuclear on him.

EDIT: the funniest part was, he got so worked up over the surgery he was a mess! Couldn't concentrate, upset stomach, heart racing. To make him feel better we started saying he was going to give himself a heart attack if he didn't calm down. Surgery comes up, in and out in less than an hour. Total cake walk, he distressed himself far more than the procedure did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread