Do you think the digital age made life easier or harder

tistan

Established Member
Seriously? I’ve had good credit like you for years and can call my bank (credit union) and buy anything I want within 5 minutes of being on the phone, but I’ve had several loans through them and paid them all off early.
Do you own your own business?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I miss slamming down a rotary phone.
I do miss that feeling. It was so satisfying.

Honestly, there's no way I could do my job without the current technology. For day to day stuff it's made my life easier. As mentioned I've looked up a lot of videos to fix stuff myself.

I guess my family would piss a lot of you off at a restaurant. We have our phones out while waiting for the food. We're usually sharing pictures and stuff though. As for everyone else, it doesn't bother me. I'm not spending time with them.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
It has made people lazier and the world more dangerous.

Social media platforms such as Fakebook, Instacrap, and TikTart have nothing but socially inept people on them that just hide behind their devices hoping for more “thumbs up”.

Since when is posting one’s military moves and/or potential positions on twitter (X) acceptable? What happened to the surprise of an attack? Let alone people posting and passing military info online to others and are not punished for treason…

Too many servers are being hacked, our personal info isn’t really secure or personal any more. Every other day or month, there’s a major server hack, hacks that should not be happening or happening as easily as they have been…. And there’s no repercussions for our data being hacked. Oh, let’s offer the affected a “1 year of credit monitoring service”…. WTF already.

Outside of that, now you have vehicle manufacturers making vehicles like a giant rolling iPad. So instead of the driver having to pay attention to the road, now you have them fiddling with a damn screen, trying to figure out how to adjust something simple like climate control or tuning their stereo instead of watching the road. Or you have way too many freaking Nannie’s that some people get caught off guard when the car beeps/boops at them and oversteers because IT thinks it’s too close to the painted shoulder lines…

Then there’s the idiots who think a car should self drive itself…. WTF already…. If you’re too damn lazy to drive your own vehicle, don’t buy one and use the damn bus …

Newer vehicles will become as disposable as weed wackers when displays, modules and software will no longer be supported or updated by the vehicle Manufacturers… much like a computer or mobile device now - where it’s like “too bad, can’t update to the newest software version because your device is no longer supported you POS sheeple, now go spend another $600+ for a new device where it too will no longer be supported in 3-5 years…”. Don’t even get me started on the whole “EV is green” BS….

Pretty soon toilets will have auto ass wipers…because god forbid you have to manually clean yourself …

Society has become extremely stupid and more complex than what it should be due to the “digital age”. When is the last time anyone hand wrote anything, or signed their name with a freaking pen, instead of some sloppy can’t decipher your sig from a finger signing on some mobile display?

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I do miss that feeling. It was so satisfying.

Honestly, there's no way I could do my job without the current technology. For day to day stuff it's made my life easier. As mentioned I've looked up a lot of videos to fix stuff myself.

I guess my family would piss a lot of you off at a restaurant. We have our phones out while waiting for the food. We're usually sharing pictures and stuff though. As for everyone else, it doesn't bother me. I'm not spending time with them.

You can still get that feeling - just smash your phone down before tapping the button to hang up…. Sure you’ll bust your glass screen, but it will still have that satisfying thunderous “s-m-a-s-h” and ring the other participants ear. Or to prevent damaging your phone, just blast them with an air horn through your phone before tapping out… similar ear destruction just without the “s-m-a-s-h” aspect.

tistan

Established Member
Society has become extremely stupid and more complex than what it should be due to the “digital age”. When is the last time anyone hand wrote anything, or signed their name with a freaking pen, instead of some sloppy can’t decipher your sig from a finger signing on some mobile display?
I still handwrite my job-site notes. I find that if I type something, I don't remember it and have to keep going back and looking it up. If I hand write it, I don't forget it.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I still handwrite my job-site notes. I find that if I type something, I don't remember it and have to keep going back and looking it up. If I hand write it, I don't forget it.
I hand write all my notes for work. I hand write sermon notes from church. I typically only remember things if I write them down.

rborden

Established Member
I have a love/hate relationship with it. I loathe anything made by Microshit. I spent the better part of the weekend trying to install some auto tech software on my nephew's laptop for his pickup truck this weekend.

That Windows Defender kept deleting the .exe file saying it was a virus. Then I tried to use TeamViewer to have a friend help and it had no connection. Got the damn tech software installed and now it force closes itself. If it was my laptop, I'd take it out to the back deck, fling it up in the air and shoot it with my 12 gauge.

I love renewing my tags and paying my bills from my phone. Having daily reminder alerts really helps not forgetting things. Mobile banking and deposits saves unnecessary trips to the bank.

Social media is cancer which is affecting mental health I believe.

I'm very worried about where the world is headed with AI and more tech. While maybe making life "easier" it's going to make it less worth living.

Maybe we'll get lucky and all the useless liberal cucks will go on a suicide spree and off themselves.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Since when is posting one’s military moves and/or potential positions on twitter (X) acceptable? What happened to the surprise of an attack? Let alone people posting and passing military info online to others and are not punished for treason…
This is a moot point to me honestly. When I was deployed they would preach OPSEC. Then I'd get an email from a family member saying something about when we're pulling into a port. Or when entering and leaving the gulf. Half the time we were getting updates from back home.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
social media and leaving reviews are cancer that empower a whole new generation of Karens. It's definitely made the impatient American way worse too.

that being said it's certainly improved a ton of other things.

C2tuck

Established Member
Nope, what was that?

Basically a map book of all the major cities. Remember them from the late 90’s and early 00’s.

56174f94091595dcacd43c4922980de6.png

Users who are viewing this thread