Do you use a car cover?

sikryd

Established Member
I have been debating on if I should or should not get a car cover. I live in Hawaii, in a condo building that is on concrete pillars. While the parking is covered, the sides are open and my car gets dusty quickly.

I have never owned a car cover, but have heard both good and bad things about using one. The thing I worry about the most, is wind causing the cover to rub against the car and therefore rubbing through the paint.

Can you all give me your honest opinion on if I should use one or not, and the reasons why? Which would be best for my use?

Thanks in advance... :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You have to make sure the car is 100% clean to put the car cover on or it will damage your paint. No dust or dirt on the car itself. If you put a cover on like that then it will have hairline scratches all over it like the 97 Saleen Cobra I had years ago where the owners did this.

If you can't do this do not buy a cover.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah mine stays indoors with the dust cover that came with it. If you get a decent cover like Cover Craft it has a microfiber lining. Only thing is the car has to be clean when using it and covers aren't meant to be used daily. That's how all the scratches happen. What island are you on.

sikryd

Established Member
Yeah mine stays indoors with the dust cover that came with it. If you get a decent cover like Cover Craft it has a microfiber lining. Only thing is the car has to be clean when using it and covers aren't meant to be used daily. That's how all the scratches happen. What island are you on.

I'm on Oahu...

svtbolt2001

Established Member
I have one that i dont use. The previous own lived where is is windier and the cover ended up rubbing through the sharp edge of the spoiler in one small area. Not worth the hassle or possible paint damage.

Users who are viewing this thread