DOA in my neighborhood this morning

slider701

Established Member
What a way to start the New Year off.........DOA in my neighborhood this morning.

I ran out to the store this morning to grab some milk and bread and came home to several ambulances and about 6 police cars up the street. Being the nosy neighbor I took a walk up the street to see what was going on as they were taking a young guy (in his late teens or early 20's) out on a stretcher as they vigorously tried CPR on his. The guy was all bloated and white-gray color. Once they got him in the ambulance they continued to work on him for a long time and finally left slowly to the hospital. One of the paramedics ripped his gloves off in disgust while shaking his head leading me to believe that the guy didn't make it.

The police kept it roped off with tape for about another 4 hrs.......

The neighbors said they were up all night listening these guys partying. I guess it was a mom and two sons in their late teens/20's living there.

Not a good way to start the new year.

03vert70charger

Established Member
I don't understand how people can drink themselves to death. I have been drinking heavily for 5 years and have gone to many parties, but I have never been in a situation where someone has had to go to a hospital. Maybe he chugged a bottle of hard stuff?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'll never understand why people consume excessive amounts of alcohol to the point they poison themselves.

because kids and immature adults think it is cool to get drunk and piss themselves, the stairs, and the wall next to their girlfriends bed. I think mostly it is a lower than average IQ that sets the stage.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
8-12% of people are genetically predisposed to addiction--be it drugs, alcohol, etc.

out of this 8-12%, some are never exposed to these excesses, some know their predisposition and conscientiously choose to avoid these substances, and unfortunately some cannot avoid their predisposition to addiction.

i had a roommate in college that was part of this 8-12%. he would drink Jim Beam with water, had a 0.26 DUI, and a 0.346 DUI. for the 0.346 DUI, he told us that he was drinking (by himself), thought he had passed out, and then woke up behind the wheel driving.

unfortunately, he recently passed at the age of 32 from non-hodgkin's lymphoma.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
because kids and immature adults think it is cool to get drunk and piss the wall next to their girlfriends bed.

There is no smiley I can insert to express the amount of laughter I am going through right now.

KILRSVT

Established Member
That is too bad... I dont get the whole getting inialated for new years thing. I never got why people drink to the point where they dont remember what happen. my brother got alcohol poisining from drinking a "mystery" drink at a party once he ended up at the hospital. I think its wrong for parents to encourage alcohol (I have seen parents give their teenage kid alcohol) or say its OK to drink. It s a drug and an addiction no matter how you cut it.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Thats crazy, I just don't see how people can drink themselves to death. Don't get me wrong I have been wasted a number of times, but I could never see drinking that much.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I was at a new years eve party in west philly one year were some walked off a roof. :??: The damn guy was so drunk he tried to get up.:nonono:

Some people just drink them selves to a slow death.

Last edited:

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
thats crazy. Even when im occasionally shit hammered I know how much is too much in terms of going over the edge severly. Know your limits, some people don't have any idea of this concept. I guess everyone is different.

Established Member
OP, I live in the next town over from you and when I came home last night around 0330 there were about 3 or 4 police cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck in my neighborhood a couple houses down from mine. I don't know what happened but I can say with certainty they weren't there for a fire. The first thing that came into my head was that someone probably had WAY too much to drink and keeled over.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Sad story for sure. I've been hammered drunk many times but never anywhere close to that. I don't understand how you could ever make yourself drink that much. I guess its good that I usually puke after about ten or eleven.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I am going to say that it wasn't the booze that killed him... I bet various hardcore drugs were involved. Its usually the case.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
because kids and immature adults think it is cool to get drunk and piss themselves, the stairs, and the wall next to their girlfriends bed. I think mostly it is a lower than average IQ that sets the stage.

I totally agree. These thread where people think its funny they've pissed everywhere and stuff is plain childish.

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
I totally agree. These thread where people think its funny they've pissed everywhere and stuff is plain childish.

Ok get off your high stools and quit with the holier than thou attitude. My fiancee, who thought it was funny and disgusting at the same time, knows that this was a one time ocurance and will never happen again. I admitted to her that i was embarassed and ashamed of myself that I let myself get that inebriated. Ive gone out before but I always know when to stop.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member

ZING! Good reference to someone:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread