Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
On a side note, I got a chance to try out my new 3.09 gears in the Hellcat last night.

The first run I pulled a 11.3 sec. 1/4 mile on an old farm road North of town running 305/35/20 555R's, everything else stock. :D

smsc.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Dodge completely stole the buzz surrounding the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. What car and company is everyone talking about. The Demon and Dodge. ...

The "buzz" surrounding the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE died after about 4 days. Nobody was talking about those cars for a while before the Demon teasers started. The ZL1 has been in customer hands since, what, last November. Isn't Motor Trend the only publisher with a review video of it out there? And that wasn't until last month.

Nobody is talking about Dodge as a company, just the Demon. The majority of the rest of the Dodge lineup is craptactular crap, read:boring as hell.

I watched the Demon reveal video on Dodge's Youtube channel. The only thing missing was wine and crackers. I was chocked full of cheese!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The "buzz" surrounding the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE died after about 4 days. Nobody was talking about those cars for a while before the Demon teasers started. The ZL1 has been in customer hands since, what, last November. Isn't Motor Trend the only publisher with a review video of it out there? And that wasn't until last month.

Nobody is talking about Dodge as a company, just the Demon. The majority of the rest of the Dodge lineup is craptactular crap, read:boring as hell.

I watched the Demon reveal video on Dodge's Youtube channel. The only thing missing was wine and crackers. I was chocked full of cheese!

And I thought I was brand/blind loyal?! The Charger is my first Dodge and it is far better than any sedan that Ford has to offer. Ford has 0 to compete with it, the upcoming Durango 392, the Trackhawk GC, and the garden variety Hellcats. I'd say Dodge has much more offerings for an enthusiast than Ford currently. Dodge does have the new Challenger TA for road racing, but I have no idea how good it will be.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not so fast kids, neither one of you is right. Both manufacturers have great performance vehicles, in different areas and have each went on different directions.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Not so fast kids, neither one of you is right. Both manufacturers have great performance vehicles, in different areas and have each went on different directions.

I forgot the Raptor, almost ordered one. Dodge will have some new Rebel to go against. Aside from the GT350/R and the unobatainable Ford GT there is nothing else in the line up for an enthusiast. For mainstream sales, they are doing well.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
And I thought I was brand/blind loyal?! The Charger is my first Dodge and it is far better than any sedan that Ford has to offer. Ford has 0 to compete with it, the upcoming Durango 392, the Trackhawk GC, and the garden variety Hellcats. I'd say Dodge has much more offerings for an enthusiast than Ford currently. Dodge does have the new Challenger TA for road racing, but I have no idea how good it will be.

I didn't say Ford had anything worthwhile in its lineup. I'm renting an Escape right now. It's not a terrible vehicle, but whenever I have a hankering for a new vehicle, aside from the V8 Mustangs, Ford is never anywhere near the top of the shopping list.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Dodge Charger is number 1 selling RWD 4 door and number 2 selling RWD car only behind the mustang and only by a few K at that. They are doing fine in that market, its the DARTS and Chyrsler 200s and those that are not doing well. Which is why they are leaving the market. Hopefully charger and challenger sales will keep them alive long enough for the Giulia frame to get setup for the next gen charger/challenger.

If not Ill go buy a hellcat lol.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Charger is the ONLY RWD sedan in the non-luxury market.

How does it compete with its FWD counterparts?

The Chrysler 300 and Chevy SS are still in production. Neither of those is in the luxury segment.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
On a side note, I got a chance to try out my new 3.09 gears in the Hellcat last night.
The first run I pulled a 11.3 sec. 1/4 mile on an old farm road North of town running 305/35/20 555R's, everything else stock. :D
smsc.jpg
That's awesome Greg. I'm wanting me a Hellcat Challenger.
What was the MPH?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I forgot the Raptor, almost ordered one. Dodge will have some new Rebel to go against. Aside from the GT350/R and the unobatainable Ford GT there is nothing else in the line up for an enthusiast. For mainstream sales, they are doing well.

Man just think if they use the hellcat 6.2 in that truck.

Jefe

Established Member

Hows it hookup with the new gears? Best 0 to 60 before and after gears?

I havent gotten the mod bug yet but Im liking what Im seeing. Might do an intake for some more whine

Booky

Established Member
same question.. what was mph?

also---what was your best ET prior to the gear swap?
That's awesome Greg. I'm wanting me a Hellcat Challenger.
What was the MPH?

I am not sure about the MPH, I guess I was not looking for it.

I will go out and see if I can find it.

The best I got before the gears was 11.5 sec. 1/4 on unprepped road.

Booky

Established Member
Hows it hookup with the new gears? Best 0 to 60 before and after gears?

I havent gotten the mod bug yet but Im liking what Im seeing. Might do an intake for some more whine

This is where I am struggling with the new 3.09 gears. Finding traction from a dig is a little more difficult with these gears.

Before the 3.09's, the best I got was 3.5 sec. 0-60 mph.

The best I have got so far with the new 3.09's is 3.6 sec 0-60 mph.

I think a nice warm day this summer, when I have my new drag radials on (current DR's have are almost done), I think I will be able to pull a 3.4 sec. 0-60 mph, but we will see.

I also have the Legmaker CAI and Love the whine it puts out.

Users who are viewing this thread