Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I wonder if its going to have a small second tank for race gas, and pushing the button switches tanks.

Never_Enough

Established Member
How was the AWD SHO no good for winter?

Ford GT looks great but I don't care for the power-plant (yes i know why it was chosen) and its insanely expensive. If i could afford a car that cost that much, that certainly wouldn't be it.

Raptor is ok but hate the ecoboost power-plant.

GT350 and GT350 R are cool. Still not sold on the 15+ looks. I drove a GT350 for quite a bit over the summer, i liked it but meh.

The RS cars and the SHO are cool for DD's but not for me fighting MI winters

Like i said, overall in my OPINION Ford's current lineup is boring to me.

I'm excited for the Bronco and as I want a new winter DD. I was going to get a SRT8 JGC this spring but i want to see what the bronco brings to the table. Of course it will have a ecoboost which I don't care for but maybe there will be a V8 option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robraySVT

Established Member
Their cars seem cool, but I've heard too many stories from several hellcat owners and challenger/charger owners about dodge not backing their products and denying warranty for things like cold air intake that had nothing to do with what's wrong with the vehicle.

_Snake_

Established Member
Their cars seem cool, but I've heard too many stories from several hellcat owners and challenger/charger owners about dodge not backing their products and denying warranty for things like cold air intake that had nothing to do with what's wrong with the vehicle.

That's not limited to Dodge. Ford and GM do the same thing just as often.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Watch the Fast 8 trailer to see the final version of the car. It's in the movie in a pretty prominent role.

Voltwings

Established Member
Fail? That's impossible considering the car it's TOPPING is still the king. They've beaten themselves because ford couldn't. If anything, that's...

d51a062ec89209f93f753ba8d0ec3132.jpg

Couldn't and didn't are not the same thing. Ford has made it very clear they aren't interested in making one trick ponies, which is exactly what this is. Its neat to see a factory effort with this much power, but for most the appeal will wear out quick.
I personally don't even see the appeal, i prefer a nimble car for road racing / back roads driving, but that's neither here nor there.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Couldn't and didn't are not the same thing. Ford has made it very clear they aren't interested in making one trick ponies, which is exactly what this is. Its neat to see a factory effort with this much power, but for most the appeal will wear out quick.
I personally don't even see the appeal, i prefer a nimble car for road racing / back roads driving, but that's neither here nor there.

I would agree with this statement fully. I have read more than enough publication and interviews about Ford moving to European styling and performance to appear to a greater number of customers on a global scale. I highly doubt Ford isn't building a straight line horsepower junkie car because they are not capable. Its most likely just not part of the current business plan. Especially since they have dominated the market of big horsepower, affordable cars for several decades.

As someone who ownes a Challenger Hellcat, I can tell you that I absolutely love the car. Not because its a straight-line monster, but because it is a very well accessorized luxury vehicle that provides a very comfortable ride. It is very easy to drive the car casually and comfortably, never lending a hint to just how insanely fast the car can accelerate for its size. It kind of reminds me of my grandfather's old Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, only it can do 10's. LOL

I have mentioned it before... I have had my Challenger on the road course before, and likely will again. The car is a massive rush to carve corners with. But, you have to understand that smaller, lighter cars are going to own you in the curves and its going to be a drag race from curve to cure to gain time. If you road race it, its got to be because you enjoy the ride and hitting 170's on the big straights; because you aren't winning many races.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Those fender flares are ew! Love the idea of the car though, and it will be bad ass, but...eh.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
But, you have to understand that smaller, lighter cars are going to own you in the curves and its going to be a drag race from curve to cure to gain time. If you road race it, its got to be because you enjoy the ride and hitting 170's on the big straights; because you aren't winning many races.

Oh man.

I have to be honest, that is the most annoying thing to deal with on track days. I hate passing in the technical sections because it can get dicey so fast. I only like passing on the straights and my car isn't fast enough to push past something with 400+ hp. It's so damn annoying to sit there through the technical section at 4/10s behind some guy who isn't going to give you the courtesy to lift for a few seconds on the straight. I end up using the hot pit any time I roll up on a boat.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Yea, that's bullshit. Some guys need to learn some courtesy. Ive' seen asshole drivers at open sessions let drivers pile-up to the point that they finally get flagged. It's like they just don't get it.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Those fender flares are ew! Love the idea of the car though, and it will be bad ass, but...eh.
I think the pic with the flares was a movie car add on, the 2nd pic without the flairs is what it will look like from factory.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I think the pic with the flares was a movie car add on, the 2nd pic without the flairs is what it will look like from factory.

They both have flairs. Do to the lighting it is hard to see on the 2nd car, but at the bottom where the fender meets the bumper, you can make it out. Plus I've also seen a red one with the flairs.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Oh man.

I have to be honest, that is the most annoying thing to deal with on track days. I hate passing in the technical sections because it can get dicey so fast. I only like passing on the straights and my car isn't fast enough to push past something with 400+ hp. It's so damn annoying to sit there through the technical section at 4/10s behind some guy who isn't going to give you the courtesy to lift for a few seconds on the straight. I end up using the hot pit any time I roll up on a boat.

Devil's Advocate....I hate being at the dragstrip during a bracket race and having to give some other street car a 2-3 second headstart in a 1/4 mile.

paluka21

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread