Dodge DEMON on 93, No Skinnies and No Transbrake - Drag Vid

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Because there are a bunch of butthurt people claiming that running the Demon with the skinnies up front with the race gas tune and using the transbrake is somehow not legitimate. It needs to be run as delivered at the dealership. Then they throw in the inevitable "should just buy a Cobra Jet and go 8's" comment.

You don't have to search too hard to find that on this site.

The car needs to have a few miles on it before the transbrake can be used. Just a little break in period.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

So is it complicated to activate, needs to be over 500 miles or all the above? lol

I don't mind, 10.5 is moving out, but isn't a 9.65. Maybe we will see closer to that this summer. All I care about is knowing what they ran at my altitude during testing, I should be able to beat one.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Demon's are badass and very cool that it is factory built. That being said, I am going to say a base 300a 10spd auto with a blower is going to run very similar times. At that point, you are talking about a 40k swing in $$$ to basically run numbers.

gofast15

Established Member
Lol

Already? For realz?! I barely finished typing the post.
Car run 9.94 2 months ago and owner of the car posted that it had M/T ET Street R's in the rear because factory Nt05r didn't work so well ,so yea you're right there is zero evidence LOL . the owner of the car must be a liar

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
One will have a warranty. And hold it’s value. And be semi-exclusive.

That is the saying about a lot of cars but never pans out. No GT500 has ever held close to original value when the next best thing comes out, and especially if it is a track car. As far as warranty, if you drop the motor in a GT add $15k for a stronger option and then you can go 9's still being way lower in price.

I am anxious to see what the new 10spd Auto GT does with a factory roush blower with warranty.

Again, it is a great car but man did Dodge do a great job of building hype value for the Demon with that price tag.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
No doubt it will be a phenomenal platform to mod...but they have been out a little while now and it seems no one has seen something near a 9.7@140 on a stock motor with racegas?? Modded I am sure the car has incredible potential but it would be nice to seem them breaking into 9's more often in stock form.

What? Out a while? Probably less than 1/4 of the 3300 Demons have been delivered. Hell i dont even think they have all been made yet. There is literally a handful or two of demons actually drag racing. None of which have had the -2000 da dodge had when they ran the 9.6. Common sense would say wait till all cars are delivered and actually have a chance to get the great da dodge had to replicate the performance, which will likely not be till next fall.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'm more impressed with the stock car. Thanks for sharing.
I have to agree
The Longblock in the Steeda car is untouched, it has half the advertised HP of the Demon and it's trapping the same, haha!
So your more impressed with a car that's a full second slower than advertised? Congratulations..

Zemedici

Established Member
Demon's are badass and very cool that it is factory built. That being said, I am going to say a base 300a 10spd auto with a blower is going to run very similar times. At that point, you are talking about a 40k swing in $$$ to basically run numbers.

What’s the saying, something about many ways to skin a cat?

You can also do xyz to a corvette to run 10s, can do this to a GTR to run 10s. It’s all in what you like. And ‘cost’ is relative.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Talking crap about a factory American Muscle 10 second car is just stupid. Demon and Hellcats are bad ass, period.com along with other bad ass cars available today. The video posted from Brutal M about a modded GT doesn't past the BS test. Take a factory GT into the 10s and I will be impressed just like I am with the Demon.
Dodge should have never said 9.65, there's a few Demon owners on their forum calling bullshit. AND Steeda has been around since I had a Super Ford subscription in the late 80's, their not known for being sandbaggers or liars. And you'll be impressed with a factory GT in the 10's? What's the Steeda car? 3/4's of the Mods are to save the IRS, it has Long Tubes, CAI, tune and E-85.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
No doubt it will be a phenomenal platform to mod...but they have been out a little while now and it seems no one has seen something near a 9.7@140 on a stock motor with racegas?? Modded I am sure the car has incredible potential but it would be nice to seem them breaking into 9's more often in stock form.
It's yet to be done with Nittos. NOT ONCE!

Zemedici

Established Member
What? Out a while? Probably less than 1/4 of the 3300 Demons have been delivered. Hell i dont even think they have all been made yet. There is literally a handful or two of demons actually drag racing. None of which have had the -2000 da dodge had when they ran the 9.6. Common sense would say wait till all cars are delivered and actually have a chance to get the great da dodge had to replicate the performance, which will likely not be till next fall.

So much truth.

If this was a Ford vehicle it would be treated as the the rebirth of Jesus, but since it’s dodge it has to run 7s for $30,000 or it’s junk. Some of y’all live in fantasy land.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What’s the saying, something about many ways to skin a cat?
You can also buy do xyz to a corvette to run 10s, can do this to a GTR to run 10s. It’s all in what you like. And ‘cost’ is relative.
Z06 with A8 stock already runs 10's. lol

Users who are viewing this thread