Established Member
"**** it, I'll make my own."

vrq9g7.jpg

flS/R

Established Member
good thing those trucks are made on a full frame. 'murica, hell yeah

MTBSully

Established Member
We've all seen the video of that SRT10 rolling over. Not like the cab on those trucks does much of anything to protect the occupants anyways.

Rick88LX

Established Member
We've all seen the video of that SRT10 rolling over. Not like the cab on those trucks does much of anything to protect the occupants anyways.

I ran many of the rollover and roof crush tests on Rams and Dakotas/Durangos when I worked at Chrysler until the end of 2008. Roof crush is done in house, but rollover is run at TRC in Ohio or Takata as you need specialized facilities.

They all pass the FMVSS tests...if they don't, you can't sell the vehicle. Very simple.

The reality of all crash tests in the real world is that no two are the same. All manufacturers must comply to the standards (most shoot for a 20-25% margin)...but there are only specific modes that are required as it's impossible to test every way one could be in an impact.

Generalizing and saying they don't do much is a very uninformed opinion and nothing more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How to kill the resale value on a Dodge Ram! Something tells me the owner doesn't care. LOL.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Add a roll cage and more powerful engine and that would be pretty BA to rock climb with some buddies.

Users who are viewing this thread