Dodge to cancel Charger and Challenger next year

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I disagree, Tezz. While what you said is true today (and it will be true for the next couple/few years), EVs will gradually be the only choice if you're buying new. Manufacturers will design and market EVs (mostly SUVs/trucks but SOME cars) with looks and features that people want. By then, I expect that the majority of the U.S. will have embraced EVs. We're not at that place today, but sadly, it will eventually come. JMO.

My issue is that the technology just isn’t feasible.

Battery tech will never be able to replace stored Chemical energy found in Fuels.

Idk how they overcome that… Ever.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
All of the e.d. electric car voodoo conveniently ignores the many faults and uncertainties but it is typical government promising everything will be great when vast majority of times that doesn't happen.

If the infrastructure gets bogged down in KA and TX for using an air conditioner, what happens with automobiles using the power? How about starting and running the vehicle in Alaska in sub zero temps? Lets not forget old people and how forgetful they tend on being. Do we expect them to plug in a car or even how to use it? The list goes on and on.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I didn't feel any desperation in Ken's presentation. What I DID see was a car manufacturer intent on doing the absolute best to design/build EVs (cars & SUVs/trucks) that stir the senses. Well, except for maybe the sense of hearing. LOL. While I could probably, in rather short time, adjust to a quiet EV (with styling like the Charger Daytona), I don't think I could adjust to the digitalized exhaust easily.

The next 3-5 years are going to be interesting as we watch manufacturers walk down the same road and discontinue ICE models and replace them with EVs. JMHO.

They’re making the best out of a bad situation. A situation based on lies, hypocrisy and NIMBY’ism.

They could just continue to make cars that people actually want to buy right?

The technology isn’t available yet to have a viable alternative to ICE. They call it forward progress but the direction they’re heading is off a cliff.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
They’re making the best out of a bad situation. A situation based on lies, hypocrisy and NIMBY’ism.

They could just continue to make cars that people actually want to buy right?

The technology isn’t available yet to have a viable alternative to ICE. They call it forward progress but the direction they’re heading is off a cliff.

EV’s are the Skylab project of the 1970’s. “We’ll figure it out later”. Jokes on us, i would bet money it doesn’t happen and we’ll pay the price.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I got your EV vehicles right here,.............................

giphy.gif

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
All of the e.d. electric car voodoo conveniently ignores the many faults and uncertainties but it is typical government promising everything will be great when vast majority of times that doesn't happen.

If the infrastructure gets bogged down in KA and TX for using an air conditioner, what happens with automobiles using the power? How about starting and running the vehicle in Alaska in sub zero temps? Lets not forget old people and how forgetful they tend on being. Do we expect them to plug in a car or even how to use it? The list goes on and on.

I can speak to this with experience in several markets… PJM, ERCOT and most of WECC controlled areas would collapse if there was an instant shift from ICE to majority EVs.

The grid and capacity of these markets are not even CLOSE to being reliable if we shift.

Can that shift be achieved? YES.

The kicker to that is the GREENIES don’t want more power plants. So…

Something’s gotta give.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Funny how they( almost all carmakers) bailed from hybrids.
I thought it would be a slower transition to EC.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The ICE bans don't allow them, the Green stupidity is real.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeaaaa I dont ever see that happening.

thats a fight worth fighting for sure.
Tax gasoline and diesel so that it's at least $5 then $10 until only those receiving tax dollars will have it.
Our POTATOUS has no qualms about selling our best light, sweet crude to countries that deserve to get wrecked, though even our refineries have no problem selling product refuned here overseas.

Thankfully my family all Emigrated to Kansas from Bavaria and when they settled to farm and ranch on the land in the last dry state (1948) couldent get it by a glass until 1987... i digress, they did not give up alcohol.
One of great grandma's recipes, well let's just say my mustang would enjoy it... just would have to account for sweet corn vs just feeder Corn.
Sweet corn was a product of atomic testing, much more sugar.

Well,

There's one less Hellcat Challenger on the road...

PRO:
Outrun the "fuzz"...

CON:
Can't outrun or hide from the "Chopper"...

Their newest chopper is a Bell 407 GXP. Like most 4 bladed Bell,
162mph ground speed before retreating rotor blade stall will force it to give up the chase or altitude. And they won't want to give up altitude that fast.

Their Beech King Air however wouldn't break a sweat. My cousins Beechcraft Debonair 33-35 (think T tailed Bonanza) will power cruise at 174 knots groundspeed (but over 200mph.) But fixed wing has some more challenges especially with air traffic.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Range is a real issue. They simply will not work for me. Certainly not in the winter. Surely I am not the only one who drives a bunch every few days or once a week. They get to 300 mile range year around and then it’s a different story.

They want people in the cities to use public transportation. The rest of you….they want you to just ……..die….

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Apparently, they are not done as I heard they are coming out with the TRX Red Eye now to rival the RaptorR.

Users who are viewing this thread