Does a 93 Cobra have Underdrive pullies?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Someone told me they did one time, but I see a lot of people on here that list them as a mod. I don't really know what to look for, but I don't think they came out that way stock. Anyone know for sure? I want a set, if it would give me a few more horses. Any help is appreciated.:thumbsup:

Black93Cobra

Established Member
The 1993 Cobra had an underdrive pulley on the crank and a larger pulley on the water pump to improve cooling. They are completely unique to the '93's. I don't know how much of a gain you would see by switching to an aftermarket pulley set. You might actually encounter some charging the issues by switching. Just my $0.02. ;-)

BlueOvalBolt

Established Member
I have a full set of March pulleys on with no problems. Performance gain was minimal, about a tenth in the qtr.

P.S. I don't run a heavy duty stereo or other power sapping electrical equipment.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The Cobra has a unique crank and water pump pulley. Both are about 10% SMALLER than the HO pulleys (the Cobra water pump pulley is not and underdrive unit). The smaller water pump pulley turns the water pump a bit faster for improved cooling. Underdrive pulleys for the street are a waste in my opinion - the alternator will not charge the battery as well and the car will run hotter! OK for high RPM's, but that is about it!

Users who are viewing this thread