Does a full keg of beer float?

Will it float in water?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 39.5%
  • No.

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Never had a full one long enough to test.

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
That is exactly how the sum total of humanity's collective knowledge is increased. They didn't just find one phenomena and say, "Aha! So that's the speed of light!" and knock off the rest of the evening and get drunk. No. The experiment has been recreated many ways, many, many times, in many different methodologies.

I can see this hypothesis needs an equally rigorous body of painstakingly gained empirical evidence, performed over a period of years, in many different locations. It will not be a quick process. It will require dedication and perseverance. We may face criticism from friends and family (WHY are you buying so many kegs and running off to the beach/ocean/wherever every weekend?) Others may question "What possible use is this knowledge going to be to anyone?" And the answer, for now, is, "We don't know." But one day, who knows?

Just remember: they laughed at Newton when he said, "Hey! Stuff falls down!" Now we can build better shelving, to keep things from falling down. They laughed at Einstein when he said E=mc^2. Now we have nuclear weapons. The future is written from the knowledge that is gained today, and I for one, intend to bring that knowledge into the light of day, for the betterment of all mankind!

In the name of science, we have to go with craft brewed vs. mass produced, ales vs. lagers, seasonals vs. regular runs........I'm picturing devoting the next couple of years to science. Aint I just the Noble one.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
How do you make a beer keg float? Add vanilla ice cream!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Float in what? Edit: Never mind.

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Can we get a government research grant?

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
NO! They'll want us to manipulate the data to support anthropogenic global warming. Government money always comes with strings attached.

Can we get a government research grant?

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
NO! They'll want us to manipulate the data to support anthropogenic global warming. Government money always comes with strings attached.

YEAH, I WAS TALKING TO A BUDDY THE OTHER DAY AND HE HAD A VERY COLORFUL WAY OF SAYING THE SAME THING; "GOVERMENT FUNDING IS LIKE A TAMPON, ALWAYS A STRING ATTACHED!":banana::banana::banana:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Different beers have different specific gravitates so this test will have to be performed on a multitude of different types of beer.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, the scope and implications of this seemingly simple question continue to grow as more thought is applied to the subject.

EDIT: and maybe you meant to say "specific gravities."

Different beers have different specific gravitates so this test will have to be performed on a multitude of different types of beer.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
If anyone is having a party this weekend try this and record it! Inquiring minds must know! :beer:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Bud Light and Natural Light will probably float, since they are basically water anyways. :D

Hey you shut your dirty whore mouth about my beloved natty light!!! It's damn fine beer. Bud light on the other hand is crap.

Natty light will float because it's beer of the gods.

I'm betting the dark beers will sink faster. I have a keg so who is gonna fund this shit?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Hey you shut your dirty whore mouth about my beloved natty light!!! It's damn fine beer. Bud light on the other hand is crap.

Natty light will float because it's beer of the gods.

I'm betting the dark beers will sink faster. I have a keg so who is gonna fund this shit?

Come up to DFW and we will have a GTG to find out.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
I assume it's just sarcasm, but I have seen it happen many times here in Texas...Arguing over which light domestic beer is superior is truly the epitome of dumb.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I assume it's just sarcasm, but I have seen it happen many times here in Texas...Arguing over which light domestic beer is superior is truly the epitome of dumb.

Shiner Light blonde takes all. Better than all the major normal beers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread