Does any one kno what this could be?

iflybyu

Established Member
went to the track this weekend for the first time since putting my tvs gen 2 on my 03 cobra. It felt fast but every pass around the 8th it would lose all power on 3 separate runs. I only had a quarter tank of gas could it be since my tank doesn't have a baffle it's all in the back and running out of fuel? One pass it went out right after the 8th and I was at 96mph and it finished the quarter at 102

Soap

Established Member
All 03-04 Cobra's have a baffle in the tank. The fuel hat essentially sits in a basket. If you were starving the pumps of fuel that happens right at the launch when fuel goes to the rear of the tank.......not at the 1/8 mile. And besides once the fuel slosh stops the car picks full power right back up.

So no, that is not your problem.

--Joe

Soap

Established Member
Return or return less? What fuel hat are you using with the 465's? Street tune or dynotune?

--Joe

Soap

Established Member
Did you triple check the clearance between the prefilters and the bottom of the fuel tank?

--Joe

iflybyu

Established Member
Um I'm not sure it all seemed good in the tank when I put it in there but I'm not sure I did it like 5 months ago I had to wait for a tune for a wile

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
be careful running the fuel that low. I burnt out my pumps running it under a 1/4 tank and they were only a year old. Sound like fuel starvation to me.

iflybyu

Established Member
Did you triple check the clearance between the prefilters and the bottom of the fuel tank?

--Joe
Are u talking bout the ends of the actual pump? Do u think they could be up against the tank? Cause when I was putting them in it was like they wher to long and wouldn't fit. Eventually I got them in thought. You think that the filters on the end are against the tank and not letting enough fuel in?

Soap

Established Member
Are u talking bout the ends of the actual pump? Do u think they could be up against the tank? Cause when I was putting them in it was like they wher to long and wouldn't fit. Eventually I got them in thought. You think that the filters on the end are against the tank and not letting enough fuel in?

Yes that is exactly what I am talking about. If the bottom of the prefilter is sitting on the bottom of the tank you will end up starving the pumps for fuel. That spacing is critical.

--Joe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread