Does anybody else think the 5.0 'Coyote' doesn't sound very good?

lilcoop03

Established Member
I would think a 3.5 year old thread does in fact constitute as an "old" thread. That being said if you bring up an old topic in a new post they tell you to search. So if you search they tell you not to bring up an old thread. So it's a lose lose situation.

That being said I am a huge Borla fan. I have Borlas on my Termi and on the last F150 I had. I heard some local 5.bros with ATAKS on their car and it sounded horrible. Sounded like just noise.

Bassani O/R X pipe and Borla stingers on a Terminator sounds awesome, especially with stock manifolds.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Bassani O/R X pipe and Borla stingers on a Terminator sounds awesome, especially with stock manifolds.
See that’s why exhaust is so subjective. I had that exact combo on my ‘01 Cobra and it was glorious WOT but everywhere else was almost ricer obnoxious and bratty.
Of all the Mustangs I’ve had the 2 best were 1) ‘91 LX with a 10:1 427W Kooks LTs, Prochamber and 3” Mac w/ tailpipes 2) ‘04 Cobra stock logs, Prochamber, and Borla Pro XS mufflers w/ custom H-pipe under IRS.
I’ll try and update with a sound clip when the Coyote swap is done.
-J

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Well since this thread got revived

I do agree that muffler placement is the reason for most cat backs sounding like garbage on these cars. I have heard coyote swapped SN95/new edge's that sound very close to what a 4.6 would sound like. Hell, I've even heard a coyote swapped marauder with the stock exhaust and it sounded 80-90% like factory.

There are a couple systems out there that sound "ok", I was going to go for a borla S-type or maybe a corsa on my mustang, but I can't commit to anything because nothing really grabs attention in a good way.

I always loved how borla stingers sounded on terminators so I took a chance and had a custom exhaust built on the red marauder with stingers and I love how it came out, I haven't heard another marauder sound like this. Just needs cams now...

Users who are viewing this thread