Does anyone else root/jailbreak their phones?

Do you root/jailbreak your phone?

• Yes I root my android phone and run custom ROMs.

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Yes I jailbreak my iPhone.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • What the f*** are you talking about?!

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

JStyles

Established Member
More nerd talk.......I got a Droid razer,root it?

I want to root my Droid X but I don't know anybody personally who does this so I just let my phone stay as is.

There are forums on this that I used in my decision to root past phones. Check out xda-developers.com or rootzwiki.com

I rooted my previous phone but since my Galaxy Nexus runs flawless I don't feel like touching it. Too many roms feel half baked and sacrifice stability for performance. The only thing I miss is the battery improvement and ad blocking.

I went a while before rooting after I got my Gnex bc ICS was so slick. When I finally did root I couldn't believe I waited so long. I'm now running the Blackbean ROM and get better performance AND battery life.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Did it in the past, since I develope software for iOS now I stay current/beta most of the time so I can't really jailbreak if I wanted to. To be honest pre iOS 4 jail breaking was worthwhile for me... Now it doesn't give me much considering the hassle/limitations. I would rather has the bug fixes from a new release than some arbitrary customization to the interface.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Rooted my GNex for latest updates. Have been running JellyBean since the start. Still not available from Verizon.

Verizon will most likely never get another Nexus device.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Screenshot_2012-10-30-09-40-39.gif

ZFan88

Established Member
I spent almost 2 years with a rooted Epic 4G flashing rom's on a weekly basis. Now I have the S3 and it was rooted within a couple hours of owning it. I was running a custom rom, but now that official jb is out, I just have that rooted. It's perfect as is for right now.

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I jail broke my 3GS. Waiting on the iphone 5 jail break to get some roms and emulators on this thing.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I did on my GNex, not so much that I'm installing all sorts of custom stuff, but stable versions of Jelly Bean were out, yet Verizon was being a dick and not letting people do an OTA update. So I rooted it, and installed JB. Just recently I installed the new 4.2 version keyboard as well. I need to look into seeing if they got the new 4.2 camera app working yet.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
My D1(Moto Droid) was my first android device. I had it rooted and rommed in about a months time of owning it. At the end of its life cycle and many roms/overclocks later I picked up my GNex only to have it modded within a day or two. Never looked back. Now running CM10 nightly updates (JellyBean 4.1.2) along with the 4.2 apps. It was posted yesterday that CM has been working on 4.2, however it is not yet stable.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
I did on my GNex, not so much that I'm installing all sorts of custom stuff, but stable versions of Jelly Bean were out, yet Verizon was being a dick and not letting people do an OTA update. So I rooted it, and installed JB. Just recently I installed the new 4.2 version keyboard as well. I need to look into seeing if they got the new 4.2 camera app working yet.

Camera app works well from what I can tell. The only not functioning feature is the HDR. Apparently thats not an option on the GNex.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I use to JB my iphone4...The software out there is coded like the wild west. Meaning some of the apps from cydia caused problems and in the end it just wasn't worth it. Then Apple keeps releasing updates to top it off. Got old for me.

That said I have a GS3 and I want to root it just for the fun of it...does everything I want at the moment including a wi-fi hotspot (fox-fi) so I have not done anything yet.

Users who are viewing this thread