does chewing tobacco cause mouth cancer??

darknightcobra

REALTOR
Established Member
For those who dip and chew.....which is worse for you?? Does chew have fiberglass in it as well?? What is the difference other then texture, placement in mouth, etc.

darknightcobra

REALTOR
Established Member
the reason I ask is because I used to chew big time in hs, but stopped once I met the ol' lady and had a kid.....every once and a while I will sneak a pack of red man golden blend or Lancaster.......but the ol' lady tells me that chew is the same result as dip.....but on chew packages it just says "May cause Gum Desease".

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Yes it has been proven that chewing tobacco can cause mouth cancer.

Pretty isn't it?
mouth_cancer_cr.jpg

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Wow............ That's like asking if shooting yourself in the face will kill you... ;-)

The answer is: There is an absolute possibility you can get mouth cancer from chew. Cancer is the uncontrolled proliferation of mutated cells. The amount of chemicals in smokes/chew/dip etc. cause various and often times extreme mutations within cells. The effects of any cancer are awful, I would suggest not doing it any further, but that is me.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Congratulations for crawling out from under that rock!

2780764.jpg

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,635197353,00.html

wierd that you posted that becuase I knew a truck driver who had no jaw like this guy but te dude i saw had less than what that guy has. He lost his jaw from chewing for many years. not one side of it either. the whole dam thing. he looked disgusting. i quit soon after seeing that. id rather have one of my lungs removed fom smoking.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I quit 12 years ago when I turned 30, it was the hardest thing I ever did. Let's see, 2 cans a day for 14 years @$3.00 a can on average, that's $6.00 a day x 365 days = $2190 a year on average x 14 years = $30,660.00. Throw in the wasted gas going to buy the shit and all the beer I drank in all the bars I frequented + $25,000.00 = $55,660.00 on Copenhagen and beer.:beer::bash::nono::loser: Thank God I quit. Still drink beer though.

JasonSnake

Established Member
my dad's been chewing for half his lifetime (he's 60 now) and so far he's ok. I just hate the fact that he spits out of his truck and leaves that crap allover the side

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Yes it will cause cancer, and you could also get into a fatal accident on the way home from work today.

:shrug:

Boosted0range

Established Member
skoal peach is my fav...started when i was 16, im 20 now...and love every min of it...but thats what you get when you cross a vol. firefighter, and a shit truck driver in a little redneck town...everyone has bad habbits, this is mine.

and back on subject...chew has never torn my lip/gums up like skoal does...i dont think its as horrible, but as they have all said...its all cancer causing.

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
I love the comments of "I've been dipping for X number of years and I don't have cancer". Yea, don't have cancer YET. I'll point and laugh when you lose a jaw or have a hole in your face.

****ing idiots.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I love the comments of "I've been dipping for X number of years and I don't have cancer". Yea, don't have cancer YET. I'll point and laugh when you lose a jaw or have a hole in your face.

****ing idiots.

:shrug: More dip for me. The future isnt looking to bright with the shit storm obama is brewing up. You enjoy that.

Users who are viewing this thread