Does ford need a new CEO?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Saw a family stranded in a new model X Tesla last fall in a National Park. There was a charging station with THREE different connectors - none of them fit their Tesla. The "connector" at every gas pump I've ever stopped at fit right into every car I've ever drove. I don't think the gasoline engine is going anywhere until the electric car industry can at least figure that part out.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
As not thrilled as Ive been about the stock price Im not sure how I feel about this and I fully agree with Nick's article about Wall Street being ass backwards. I mean shit, whats the valuation on SnapChat and until recently it had 0 revenue and no model to bring any in...still hundreds of millions if not billions in valuation.

hopefully they dont make a bunch of poor long term decisions in the name of bumping their stock price for a bit

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Backing away from their tech innovation is a bad sign for anyone looking for long-term value.

This absolutely.

I've been wondering why so many people are in love with Sergio Marchionne, while the Hellcats and everything are cool, his business plan is very short sighted.

Companies have to be investing into the future. Especially with how impatient people are anymore. I've read studies suggesting families will pay up to $5,000 more for the same car that has autonomous tech. If a company is behind the curve when that comes out, it's going to hurt. They are going to spend a lot of money buying technology from the companies that invested early.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This absolutely.

I've been wondering why so many people are in love with Sergio Marchionne, while the Hellcats and everything are cool, his business plan is very short sighted.

Companies have to be investing into the future. Especially with how impatient people are anymore. I've read studies suggesting families will pay up to $5,000 more for the same car that has autonomous tech. If a company is behind the curve when that comes out, it's going to hurt. They are going to spend a lot of money buying technology from the companies that invested early.

From what I have read, people think Sergio's plan is solely to make the company look good now so he can sell it before the company collapses.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
From what I have read, people think Sergio's plan is solely to make the company look good now so he can sell it before the company collapses.
Yeah I was reading that too.

It's like he is trying to fluff it up with a merger of some sort, sell off his stock options and walk away with an enormous chunk of money and leave a poor running company even worse off.

281CJ

Established Member
He only has to keep it alive till 2019 so he can retire.

The Hellcat/Demon are nice examples of "what we can do", but not having an SRT-4/SRT-6 or any quality smaller family sedan is killing them. Jeep/Ram are all that keeps them up right now.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It sounds like those around fields had too much say or not enough respect in Fields. If what the board is saying is true.

Not a Fields fan, however you have to move forward, you have to keep pressing. I liked how Ford was moving forward with the tech. Fords current value is absurd! Specially compared with companies such as uber and Tesla that have no profits...

TK Doom

Established Member
Yeah, if i didn't have a personal issues that are affecting my money, i'd be buying F. I'm already a stock holder.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I bought 900 shares when it was around 5.80, at the time I didn't know they paid dividends so they stacked up. I just used thoseto get 200 more at 11.01. It has been a bouncy ride but I firmly believe that it is way undervalued and will eventually get at least close to where it should be

Yeah, if i didn't have a personal issues that are affecting my money, i'd be buying F. I'm already a stock holder.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
100% agree.

Great time to purchase Ford stock.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ya Im debating putting more eggs in that basket or not. I got in once around 9 and again around 10.50, I think ive got just over 1k shares at this point (forgot to turn off the dividend reinvestment option for a while,whoops)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ya Im debating putting more eggs in that basket or not. I got in once around 9 and again around 10.50, I think ive got just over 1k shares at this point (forgot to turn off the dividend reinvestment option for a while,whoops)

Honestly, I think you should turn it back on, and pick up a few.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I need to start getting into buying stocks. I've always felt Ford was undervalued. I'd also like to know what platform everyone is using.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am using Scottrade have been pretty happy with it. you should go look at the Stock pick thread if you are interested in starting up ... lots of good info on trading platforms. a lot of guy there are pretty close to day traders so tread lightly if looking for investment advice. and do your research.

Users who are viewing this thread