Does MM make a STB that will clear a JLT on an eaton?

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
I'd like to get a STB for the vert I am buying, but need one that will clear the JLT. WHo makes one?

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've heard/read on here that the MM version made to clear the Whipple/KB will clear the JLT, but I would definitely search before buying it to be positive. I plan to go with that version myself, because I'm running a Dragon setup with my ported Eaton, and it won't clear my Steeda brace, even though I had already cut, and re-welded it once to clear the C+L setup that I previously ran on there. By the way, if you are interested in buying my Steeda, pm me. I'm 99% sure it will clear your setup. It has a brand new crinkle black finish on it, and hasn't been re-installed since the new finish, because I changed over to the Dragon intake which won't clear.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I have the JLT carbon fiber CAI with the standard MM STB, it's tight but, it all clears.
Here are some pics to give you an idea.
(I know it's dirty!)
JLTresize.jpg

DSC00102a.jpg

Last edited:

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
thats exactly what I am looking for

just for clarity, that is the standard MM STB for the eaton cars?
Is there any difference at that point on the tubing of the RAI vs the CAI? I wouldnt think so...

ib_604

Established Member
i wanted that carbon fibre intake as well but was told it wouldnt fit under the standard MM STB that came with my Max-Grip package...

after seeing this i want it again!!

are the gains worth it? to go from the K&N CAI to that JLT?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
plus the time for install, and cutting into fender area, etc...?

The power difference between the two is just not there. Sure, the JLT is more time consuming and difficult to install. But, I'm just saying if you already have one, you will waste your time and money buying the other.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I have the JLT RAI and a MM STB for the KB/Whipple and it clears everything just fine. The JLT didn't fit that great though, but the STB wasn't in the way of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread