Does the 97/98 Lincoln Mark 8 pretty much the same motor??

JaguarS4R

Established Member
I have a 98 Lincoln Mark 8 that I am parting out with a good engine and good miles. I would like to know if I can sell the engine to a Mustang GT or Cobra owner and if so, what years?

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
you've got a very sellable engine. i have one swapped in my 2002 GT. takes a little more work to do in a new edge versus the 96-98's but its entirely possible.

ranger2339

Established Member
you've got a very sellable engine. i have one swapped in my 2002 GT. takes a little more work to do in a new edge versus the 96-98's but its entirely possible.

I have an 02' GT that I am planning this swap for, care to elaborate on your issues?

The "list" I found is for a guy doing the swap in a 98'.

Thanks,

Josh

4vRedone

Banned
The fuel rails need to be swapped Or modified because of the return style system, as apposed to a non return style system.

The engine believe it or not fits a lot tighter then the 96-98 mustangs

The cops are difficult to figure out you have to reverse polarity in the wiring i believe.

Other then that its pretty much the same if you have waste spark already its pretty easy swap.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
The fuel rails need to be swapped Or modified because of the return style system, as apposed to a non return style system.

The engine believe it or not fits a lot tighter then the 96-98 mustangs

The cops are difficult to figure out you have to reverse polarity in the wiring i believe.

Other then that its pretty much the same if you have waste spark already its pretty easy swap.

Why is it a tighter fit in the 99-04 cars if the engine bay is the same from 94-04?

4vRedone

Banned
Its super tight against the firewall.... And almost impossible to put the engine in with the trans still in the car as well. When we did it to a buddys car we removed the transmission had to it made it 1000xs more easy

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Just my experience, regardless its harder for a new edge to swap the motor in.

I have a 96 cobra and my gf has a 03 mach 1 and I can asure you that the space between the engine and firewall is the same between both cars. There is no difference whatsoever.

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
the hardest part of the swap in a new edge mustang is the fuel rail i believe. it has to be modified to work with returnless (i used a mach 1 rail and modified it to use with my 96 cobra intake manifold) or else you could go and swap to returnless. aside from that, there is the issue with the COPs. i found that it wasnt difficult as much as it was a plain PITA.
the only thing i havent taken the time to address is the heater core lines. i have mine looped for the time being so, no heat. &&i agree with the above guy, it gets VERY tight at the firewall/back of the engine on install. i dont think there will be a difference in the sn95/new edge mustang, either way there is no room back there.

Users who are viewing this thread