Does the Company you work for invade your personal life?

big dad

Established Member
Fellas, I learned along time ago, the less people know about you, the better off you are. I am NOT on ANY social media for that very reason.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
My "company" does not allow us to have Facebook, Twitter or instagram accounts unless the administration has access to our passwords. Our union accepted this as part of the collective bargaining process a few years ago. If we are found to have one in violation of that policy it means time off. Also, the "company" may cancel our scheduled vacation days and regular days off if a state of emergency is declared. I'm not complaining because I knew what I was getting into when I signed up.

This is crazy.

Blackness03

Established Member
My "company" does not allow us to have Facebook, Twitter or instagram accounts unless the administration has access to our passwords. Our union accepted this as part of the collective bargaining process a few years ago. If we are found to have one in violation of that policy it means time off. Also, the "company" may cancel our scheduled vacation days and regular days off if a state of emergency is declared. I'm not complaining because I knew what I was getting into when I signed up.

I don't know what you do but it better have something to do with saving the planet otherwise I'd tell them what they could do with that rule.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I don't know what you do but it better have something to do with saving the planet otherwise I'd tell them what they could do with that rule.

What profession has unions, yet would still be required to cancel vacation during a state of emergency? Answer: some sort of LEO. That being said, the requirement to turn over social media password is definitely extreme.

cbj5259

Established Member
What profession has unions, yet would still be required to cancel vacation during a state of emergency? Answer: some sort of LEO. That being said, the requirement to turn over social media password is definitely extreme.
Bingo...and unfortunately we agreed to it during collective bargaining. It doesn't really bother me because I don't have a desire to use Facebook or Twitter. They wanted access to our private email addresses too but we fought against that and they rescinded the request.

This is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread