Does the steeda CAI have a carb E.O. Number?

jonas

Established Member
well?

I got busted by a cop. i was pulled over for speeding and they made me open my hood. No joke!!!

I have a kenne Bell and long tube headers but the cop wasnt so bright and just noticed the cai. If you know if it does, can you tell me the E.O. number. I emailed steeda but a reply isnt guaranteed.

Worst case scenario is I put my old cai on.

I know the KB has an e.o. so thats ok.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I don't believe they can make you open yuor hood . I could be wrong.....someone who knows cali laws beter can chime in.

I do not think it has a carb Exemption #.

Hell my honda has all legit carb eo approved parts & I had to push to get anyone to smog it.

I hate CARB and those who erforce it!
Like a f'n filter or any bolt on mod is gonna relly hurt the environment. Put filters on those dirty (empty) waste of tax payers maney transit buses!

k & N probably is has carb #'s.

OATS

Established Member
Jonas, generally anything in front of the MAF is legal as long as it doesn't move the MAFs original location and there is no heated air intake system involved. Make an anonomous call to your State's inspection headquarters. I recently got busted for unlawful vehicle mods and my CAI and catback were about the only things that were able to remain. It is a bad situation for me right now. I got caught w/o cats and while running a chip, pulley, LTs, etc. The State is prosecuting me. It is no fun.

jonas

Established Member
yea I'm in the same boat. Its not a fix it ticket liek I thought. Its a smog violation

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those CA cops are tough when it comes to enforcing the emissions laws, aren't they? I've never heard of anyone getting pulled over in Connecticut where the officer does a motor once over looking for emissions violations.
:(

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I think socal cops are probably worse with all
the attention to air quality in the "smog capital"
of the state.

OATS

Established Member
I didn't get pulled over and have to lift my hood. I got reported by someone from an oil change shop. The State showed up at my work with a search warrant to search my residence. Four people came to my house and collected my parts and car for evidence. Can you believe that shit? My court appearance is still pending. Just be careful about who knows about your mods.

OATS

Established Member
No rewards, the asshole who turned me in had no incentive whatsoever to do what he did. We had never even met each other before. I guess he thinks he is some kind do-gooder. He is costing me a lot of money and I barely managed to dodge a jail visit. Funny thing is when I was not able to drive my Cobra I had to drive my pickup which makes more pollution than the 'Stang, but the truck is I.M. legal. Idiots.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Originally posted by OATS
No rewards, the asshole who turned me in had no incentive whatsoever to do what he did. We had never even met each other before. I guess he thinks he is some kind do-gooder. He is costing me a lot of money and I barely managed to dodge a jail visit. Funny thing is when I was not able to drive my Cobra I had to drive my pickup which makes more pollution than the 'Stang, but the truck is I.M. legal. Idiots.

No the guy that turned you in must be a chevy guy or a dick.......ufb.:shrug:

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by OATS

Thats what guns are for

Users who are viewing this thread