Does the T56 break in with time?

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
I have 4500 miles on my 03 Cobra (MGW shifter) and it is the hardest shifting tranny I've ever had. I've had Pro 5.0 equiped T5's in the past and could just mow through the gears... does it get any better?

whi tri

Established Member
I thought the same thing but I just think that I got use to it. When I drove it home for the first time I was like there is no way in hell that I could powershift this thing but now it like butter. Do yourself a favor and change the fluid. I use amsoil but to each there own. royal purple, gm syncromesh, there is many more. you can search for that thread if you feel like it

whippleblown03

Established Member
swapped out the stock clutch for a DFX and now it has a light pedal and shifts like butter! stock clutch sucks in my opinion! only down fall with DFX is it will chatter if you try to slip it but you get used to it real quick.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
Spade said:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287655

SPEEDRACER88, check this out. I had the same problem. Now it works alot better, not the best but alot better. I think my clutch is on it's way out so I'm sure that part of problem.

After you figure out where and how the linkage works it a piece of cake to adjust. Hope this helps.

Spade
I'll try and adjust the clutch (in post #5) and see what that does. thanks

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The shift feel loosens up after a while. I put my MGW on at 5K and it felt really tight, a few months and a few thousand miles later it shifts great!!

Users who are viewing this thread