Does this count???

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Had the Buell Lightning at the track for the first time last night. I managed a best of 12.298 @ 108.7, does that count for the 12 second club? Bikes are hard to launch! On my fourth run all I saw was the tank as I almost pulled the damn thing over my head. Scary. I was pretty happy with my time. AND I got to beat a Yamaha R6!

I saw a 2k Black L run a 12.28 w/pullies and a chip. There was also a red 2k1 that ran a 14.3, it was his first time.

Scott Bereda

I hear ya Buell dude, I'm launchin' a GSXR1K in a similar wheelie or spin ordeal. Beatin an R6 makes it all the more worth while though! Easier said than done on a bike, it's a whole different game guys!

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Wow! That got a little heated. I was just tryin to be part of the cool crowd b/c I have a 12 sec. L, but I guess there's no love here!

LL - You're right, the truck needs to get down into the 12's. I'm still riding out my warratee. Soon!

Scott - What is your trap speed in the 1/4 with the Gixxer? My bike pulls hard until about 80 then falls on it's face, i'm guessing yours keeps on pulling! Yes bikes are a completely different animal to launch at the track!

Ok, i'll come back when the truck is in the 12's, then we'll talk...

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Hey Tim, No heat here.:beer:
Sometimes the 16yr. old Kid runs off at the mouth.:kaboom:
12s are quick on or in anything. :thumbsup:

No problem. I was just trying to sneak in the back door of the 12 sec club! I agree 12 seconds is fast on anything, but it's almost expected out of a bike (even though it's harder to launch and ride). Seeing an L run a low 12 is impressive. I think i'm finally goign to break down and call JDM this winter while the truck is in storage. I'm thinking Stage 1 and a pulley. Should be a fun winter bolt on project.

Users who are viewing this thread