Does this sounds strane or no?

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
Okay first off, my friend bought the same blower setup as I did. I suggested that he got the install at the same place I did ( reasonable price and install time) but he leaned more towards the cheaper shop to save some money. They scheduled him to drop his car off on 3/6/14 and still hasnt received it back yet.

Mods installed are:
Procharger p1sc intercooled kit
Exedy stage 2 clutch
throwout bearing, slave cylinder
410 gears

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds very strane.

We would need more details though. Who knows how backlogged they were when he dropped it off or if any custom work needed to be done, etc...

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
did they quote him a time they would finish it? A cheap price may not necessarily mean cheap work, just slow since they will work on other projects first and use his as filler for slower days.

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
He said he told them it was his daily driver so they got all the cars out beforehand of the drop off. Im not sure what to tell him. Like you said, they are either seriously backlogged or something doesnt add up. My install took only 3 days with 2x the amount of stuff

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
did they quote him a time they would finish it? A cheap price may not necessarily mean cheap work, just slow since they will work on other projects first and use his as filler for slower days.

Yeah they said about 3 days. Its just strange that its been a while now and he called and all they say is "we are still working on getting it done. We will call when its ready to be dyno tuned"

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Chopped up and in Brazil by now.

Jk, it could be any number of things. He should go there and put eyes on it and figure out what the issue is first hand

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I would have gone in on day 4 or 5 to see what was taking so long. any number of things could go wrong. Maybe something happened and they are just waiting on a replacement part. But if they haven't done anything for no reason, well I would threaten to take my car elsewhere since its been 10 days.

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
Chopped up and in Brazil by now.

Jk, it could be any number of things. He should go there and put eyes on it and figure out what the issue is first hand

yeah ill take him down there monday and see what they are doing to it.

I would have gone in on day 4 or 5 to see what was taking so long. any number of things could go wrong. Maybe something happened and they are just waiting on a replacement part. But if they haven't done anything for no reason, well I would threaten to take my car elsewhere since its been 10 days.

When the clutch was going in they said the TOB exploded? And the slave cylinder was bad. But those parts came in Wednesday. Who knows lol. I told him the work should probably be A1 since its been this long

oldmodman

Established Member
When I was getting a car worked on I visited the shop every day to see how it was progressing.

And I always brought along a little bribe. Tacos, donuts, chicken, beer etc.

They knew I was interested in what they were doing and knew that normally I was capable of doing it all myself. But I was on crutches at the time and had to get the project done.

The bribes were appreciated. They knocked out a two week job in 11 days and did a perfect job. nice, neat, and clean and no do overs required.

If it were me I would drop by to "see how every thing is going"

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
When I was getting a car worked on I visited the shop every day to see how it was progressing.

And I always brought along a little bribe. Tacos, donuts, chicken, beer etc.

They knew I was interested in what they were doing and knew that normally I was capable of doing it all myself. But I was on crutches at the time and had to get the project done.

The bribes were appreciated. They knocked out a two week job in 11 days and did a perfect job. nice, neat, and clean and no do overs required.

If it were me I would drop by to "see how every thing is going"

I think ill take him down there tomorrow and have him check. Like you, when my car was in the shop, I was down there 2 of 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread