Dog Food - Buy Online?

CBrowning84

Established Member
Hey guys! I did a search but only found 1 thread on dog foods in general. I know a lot of you have dogs and like to feed them good quality stuff!! Well I've been looking around a lot and I'm trying to find the least expensive 4-5 star dog food that I can (that he'll still eat lol).

We used to feed him Purina Pro Plan (2.5 star rating) until we did some research on foods and quality, and noticed a correlation between the fact that he never had a solid stool until we switched him to a higher quality food.

So far we have tried Blue Buffalo Wilderness (he didn't like it too much) and Wellness Core. He seems to really like that stuff, but it's pretty expensive, so I wanted to find something that I could switch to that was cheaper so we could get it regularly.

Any of you guys shop online? Where do you buy? Who has the best prices?

Thanks in advance! :beer:

(Best dog foods: Best Dry Dog Foods )

Ironhand

Banned
We feed our 2 GSDs Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy and they love it.

It helped our young one get over some issues from when we first got him.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
i buy some organic stuff from amazon.com, not cause i care about the mutt, because it makes less shit for me to pick up.

mr-proper

Established Member
science diet!!!! and cooked chicken as treats! stay away from the cheap shit!!!
my INLAWS dog had seizures , so she did some research and change the food out and her dog is seizures FREE!! so you dont even know what kind if shit they mix in dog food!!!
my dog hasn't have diarrhea since we switched the FOOD.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Taste Of The Wild:beer:

I did a lot of research when we got our Great Dane and this is one of the most highly rated dry dog foods.

I buy it locally at Tractor Supply for around $50 per 30lb bag.

DefCon3

Established Member
My dog turns his nose up at any commercial dog food, so we just feed him what we eat. Since we eat a healthy, balanced diet, and his weight has been stable for a long time, I don't see any problem. Besides, it's less expensive this way.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Solid Gold for my doberman. Taste of the Wild makes a nice product, but I worry about the many recalls that their parent company, Diamond, has gone through.

Science Diet is not much better than the store brands anymore. It used to be a real quality product, but not so much now.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
My dog turns his nose up at any commercial dog food, so we just feed him what we eat. Since we eat a healthy, balanced diet, and his weight has been stable for a long time, I don't see any problem. Besides, it's less expensive this way.

Yeah I remember feeding my dog white rice and boiled chicken for a good while when she got sick.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I feed my dog an all raw diet of chicken meat, bones, livers, etc. I got the idea from my buddy's parents who feed their champion Doberman the same type of thing and I couldn't believe how amazing his coat felt and how healthy he looked. She told me the breeder they bought them from told her their Dobermans on that diet live 2-3 years longer than the average lifespan of the breed. It isn't hard to believe after you look at the ingredient list on the back of popular dog foods. It's all fillers and animal byproducts. I've fed my dog this diet since he was 8 weeks old and everyone talks about how his coat is so shiny and soft. My vet told me it was great that I take the time to do that and it's the best thing for the dog since it's all natural and the closest thing to what they would eat if they were wild.

wht93gted

Established Member
I use Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck for our boxer. I like the idea that it's grain free, high protein, and no fillers or by-products.

She's been eating it since about 10 weeks old and is in perfect shape. Very lean and well muscled, even though she's on the smaller side. I think the photos speak for themselves.

This was just a week ago; just over 2 years old, about 60lbs (i'll find out in a few weeks at her yearly checkup). She hates when the kids play football in front of the house, I think because they come into the driveway all the time when the ball bounces. So she stands in the window completely tense and growling.

As far as buying online, Petco ALWAYS runs sales (if you have their petco pals card; the free store customer card). Just this past weekend it was $9 off; I think it was $44 for the 24lb bag. I've never found it that cheap online. I always just buy in the store.

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

stroked_stang90

Established Member
We feed our st. Bernard royal canine large breed adult dog food. It was the same price as the blue Buffalo large breed adult, but our vet recommended this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Taste Of The Wild:beer:

I did a lot of research when we got our Great Dane and this is one of the most highly rated dry dog foods.

I buy it locally at Tractor Supply for around $50 per 30lb bag.

+1 we used TOTW on Our Dane and Teacup Yorkie, nothing but good things on my end.

Users who are viewing this thread