Dog Food - Buy Online?

03redv6

Established Member
I know I don’t post often at all but wanted to chime in… I’d recommend searching out who is your local pet supply distributor (those who sell to petsmart/petco – some of the more local store may be more willing to divulge who they use) as for the most part you can get your pet food through them if you buy a certain amount at a time, for some places it is an order of $500.00. You get the wholesale price of the food where for the high quality food it is a lot cheaper, for example Blue Buffalo in the stores it is around $55 a bag but you get it for around $40. They also can do better prices for all the other stuff they carry. For example I got a SportDog E-Collar for $90 where in the store they are $250+. The trainer I use put this all together for those who use her services and we just pay the wholesale price and no mark up as they deliver to her house and we just pick it up.

I personally feed my 2 GSDs Blue Buffalo Large Breed Adult and Large Breed Puppy… have had great results with both. I honestly do not go with what the Vet says as they get paid to promote certain brands, do your own research like the link above to see what you are really feeding your pet.

CBrowning84

Established Member
shipping will kick your ass for dog foods. Have you found a local pet store, one that caters to the natural dog foods?
The only places around that I know of are PetCo and Pet's Mart. They sell a few grain-free foods, but wanted to see what all my options were before I started buying from somewhere.

As far as buying online, Petco ALWAYS runs sales (if you have their petco pals card; the free store customer card). Just this past weekend it was $9 off; I think it was $44 for the 24lb bag. I've never found it that cheap online. I always just buy in the store.

Good lookin dog! :beer:

Thanks for the tip, I have the customer card but I guess I miss out on the bigger sales. :shrug:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I looked at your area, not much to choose from, that's for sure. There was some place called Gabbi's Boutique that was listed on some dog food sites. Maybe they have what you are looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread