dog owners

04gtguy

looking for a fox
Established Member
What kind of food do you feed your dog? Looking for a good all natural dog food for my pits. One has a sensitive stomach and the other can eat anything. Looking to try a new food.

cthunder

Established Member
pro plan... purina does more researsh than an other dog food manufaturer. My dad is a veterinarian and does not reccomend anything else. I can tell the difference in my dog's coat as well as his demeanor towards eating vs nutro, science diet, etc.

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Eukanuba large breed puppy mixed with Canidae All life stages wet food (about 1/7 of can for flavor) She loves it.

Canidae is the best wet canned food you can buy, Eukanuba is about the 3rd or 4th best suppsoedly. The 1st, supposedly is Innova, but it $50+ for about a 30# bag...

Oborroto

Established Member
I have a male pit who has an extreemly sensitive stomach. He gets dirahrea everytime he eats purina (dry food). I've tried all different brands. From low end to high end. The only thing that he has not had diahrea from is publix brand or pedigree (no the best foods).
l_0c71ce5c26a0a0e77237d262e3264038.jpg

This was the girl I had lost her back in Feb. Neighbor gave her radiator fluid....

l_8ca91c0d0504b6dd13c386433bfcc813.jpg

The male when he was 8 months he's now a year and 2 months and is sporting a 23in head piece

MisterChrome

Established Member
Oborroto...that sux man. what a ****in asshole who did that to your dog.

To the op and anyone else, i have tried several foods for my pit.rott mix and min pin and found this http://timberwolforganics.com/

I have stuck to it. my dogs love it. different flavors and healthy. Its supposedly all natural food and they use it to feed exotic animals like wolves, hybrids, military and police dogs and even wild cats (their feline line). check it out. My pit/rott is healthy at ~75lbs, not skinny, not fat. and my min pin is even at ~16lbs...a min pin guys. He was supposed to way no more than 8-9lbs and an OVERSIZED min pin would be 12lbs. My guy was almost 20lbs at one point and I am not talking obese or fat, he was a ripped little rat!

The cool thing about these foods is it is good for all type of dogs, from working dogs to purse dogs. look into it seriously.
http://timberwolforganics.com/

Oborroto

Established Member
Oborroto...that sux man. what a ****in asshole who did that to your dog.

To the op and anyone else, i have tried several foods for my pit.rott mix and min pin and found this http://timberwolforganics.com/

I have stuck to it. my dogs love it. different flavors and healthy. Its supposedly all natural food and they use it to feed exotic animals like wolves, hybrids, military and police dogs and even wild cats (their feline line). check it out. My pit/rott is healthy at ~75lbs, not skinny, not fat. and my min pin is even at ~16lbs...a min pin guys. He was supposed to way no more than 8-9lbs and an OVERSIZED min pin would be 12lbs. My guy was almost 20lbs at one point and I am not talking obese or fat, he was a ripped little rat!

The cool thing about these foods is it is good for all type of dogs, from working dogs to purse dogs. look into it seriously.
http://timberwolforganics.com/

It sucks how people are up here. She got out and shook the neighbors cat one night didnt kill it but scared the crap out of it. Next day she was vomiting and lathargic. Thought it was nothing. Acted fine the next day running around. Following day bad took her to the vet they thought it was Parvo had blood work done since it cam out negative. Police said they couldnt do anything since we couldnt prove it was them who gave it to her. Best part is the guy came up to my mother and said the easiest way to get rid of a dog is to give her radiator fluid...:nonono: I feel bad I didnt put her down she suffered for two days.
Timber wolf is great. I used it for 6 months and switched over when I came back to Miami. Its a PIA to get in my area. Closest distributer is 50miles away.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I feed my lab royal canin. its breed specific food. He loves it...but its a little on the pricey side. Doesn't have as many fillers as pedigree or other cheaper foods. I should check out the site termin8r just posted to see what they say about it....

Last edited:

MisterChrome

Established Member
Oborroto

If I remember correctly they do free shipping. You would get it quick! they are in your state

This food is on the pricier side but worth it.

floyd4ford

Ford guy
Established Member
pro plan... purina does more researsh than an other dog food manufaturer. My dad is a veterinarian and does not reccomend anything else. I can tell the difference in my dog's coat as well as his demeanor towards eating vs nutro, science diet, etc.

X2 good stuff.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i use Purina, but only because I had both my boxer and rat/boston terrier mix on it since birth. I dont know what my g/f uses for our 10 week old blue pit, ill have to ask her

Oborroto

Established Member
I'll have to check it out. I didnt even check to see if they did free shipping. Timberwolf is on the exspensive side but it is a raw diet so its to be expected any raw diet is more than purina or pedigree

Leeroy697

Established Member
I use Canidae ALS for my 2 year old Rott and she does great on it. Stay away from foods with corn. It is hard for dogs to digest.

txyaloo

Established Member
I'd take a look at http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ and the Whole Dog Journal. Purina, Pedigree, Eukanuba, and especially Science Diet are horrible foods. They just have really good marketing.

I rotate foods for my boxer between Canidae, Solid Gold Barking at the Moon/Solid Gold Hundenflocken, and Blue Buffalo (the best food Petsmart sells) in a pinch. You can buy Solid Gold and Wellness at PetCo. Canidae is normally only sold at feed stores and higher end dog type stores. Solid Gold has no grain or fillers.

Personally, I think $50/30lbs is expensive, but I know I'm feeding my dog good food, and I don't have to worry about ice cream coming out of his rear so it's worth it. Plus, he rarely farts anymore. When I picked him up from the breeder, he was on Purina puppy chow and had the worst gas in the world. After a week on canidae, they went away.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I used Nutro Large Breed Puppy, and Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Puppy. Both were excellent, and were easy on her stomach.

I have tried many different ones, ranging from expensive, to cheap, and Nutro has been the best I found for my dog. Other dogs may have different results.

Users who are viewing this thread