dog owners

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I just switched over to Innova Evo (they have a red meat and what I would assume is a poultry formula) It has helped beef up Dozer. I bought a pack of turkey legs the other day and that kept him busy for a while. Also, for those that aren't raw feeders you really should consider it. Also, don't feed any bones that have been cooked. google "BARF" diet

canibus

Established Member
everytime i give my dog anything with a bone, she devours it and before i know it i'm sticking my fingers down her throat trying to get it back out. she's nearly chocked a couple of times. someone told me raw meat wakes up "the instinct" in pitbulls, is that a myth. if not what kind of meats do you buy

SNCBOOM

Established Member
You could try feeding partially frozen. Dozer is a very slow eater so he takes about 15 minutes with a small feeding.

or you could stop the second hand smoke.

canibus

Established Member
:lol: i get that all the time, and i don't even blaze. she's got crazy jaws, chews through everything. how often would you suggest giving her raw meat? what if i cut it up and put it in her dry food.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I wouldn't suggest raw and kibble at the same time as I've heard they digest them differently. I do one or the other (that could be untrue so I'm not sure). Also, don't forget that if you're feeding raw, organs offer a lot of nutrition too and and a complete raw diet requires that bones, organs, and meat are consumed. Dozer is really unsure of new meats so he takes his time but he doesn't have monster pit jaws either. I've always read that people with fast eaters keep their food mostly frozen.

canibus

Established Member
018.gif

imagine your hand in there

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I make my own for our two dogs. Usually 20% beef, 30% mixed vegetables (run through food processor), 50% wheat elbow macaroni, steamed bone meal powder, vitamin supplements, and canola oil. I did a lot of research and started making their food back when the pet food crap happened last year. I ran the idea by my vet first and he agreed. I bought a book "better food for dogs" and it has a lot of recipes with proper ratios for dogs caloric needs. I usually make 50 lbs at a time, mix it, and freeze it in large containers thawing one at a time which lasts 3 days. It is expensive $100+ a month, but the dogs love it and have shown improvements in health/attitude.

snakebite2003

Established Member
heres my little girl, she's about one year old now and I fed here purina puppy chow for the first 8 months or so and now she eats purina kibbles and bits. She loves it, and from the looks of her...it looks like the food is doin its job.

001.jpg

canibus

Established Member
if i told you i'm deathly scared of dobermans but not of pits or rots would you believe me. it's the only dog i won't pet.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
if i told you i'm deathly scared of dobermans but not of pits or rots would you believe me. it's the only dog i won't pet.

LOL! you remind me of my ex-wife in this. She really didn't like dobermans either. When my daughter was like 3 or 4 we took her over to a friends house one night. They were going to watch her for the night while we went out. I waited in the car while she took the kid in. she came out about 10 minutes later almost in tears.

She told me that they had a doberman which she wasn't too keen on but the real thing that upset her was Tara sitting there petting that damn dog and looking up at her mom and saying "you can go now mom" LOL

SNCBOOM

Established Member
No, I understand. Most people are scared of him and he's extra big. He takes a little a time to warm up to guys but loves women.

Users who are viewing this thread