dog question

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I'd say use the Vet. If you cant afford to properly care for an animal, then you cant afford an animal.

You dont take your kids to CVS or Walgreens for a medical checkup do you?

Wut? And my parents always said they took me there because I was special :(

Robert Francis

Established Member
I always took my children in to see the docs at a regular interval and never would have considered "treating" them from "over-the-counter" from Walgreens. And I wouldn't do the same for my dog either. Take him to your vet. My vet periodically has days when he gives shots at a reduced rate. Perhaps yours might do this too.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I'd say use the Vet. If you cant afford to properly care for an animal, then you cant afford an animal.

You dont take your kids to CVS or Walgreens for a medical checkup do you?
Exactly. I treat my dog just as I do my son. She is part of my family and it's my job as a man to make sure she is taken care of. Too many people get "pets" and treat them as 2nd class citizens.
I spend more on my dog then I do on myself when it comes to checkups. She is worth every penny in my eyes.

+1:beer:

Orange Dreamer

Established Member
I spend more on my dog then I do on myself when it comes to checkups. She is worth every penny in my eyes.

This FTW! :beer:

Why the hell would you take a dog to doggie day care?
haha

I take my dog there once a week while we are working. So instead of being locked in the house for 8 hours she gets to play with 10-15 other dogs for 8 hours straight. She loves it and looks forward to it.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
What kind of dog is it?

Hes a shephard dane mix. This is a picture of when we first got him a little over a year ago:

scoobie1.jpg

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
you can get dental tools off the internet too but that does not mean you should be doing your own dental work or trust it to the kids down the block that play dentist and doctor.

if you are unwilling to care for your Girlfriends dog the way it needs to be cared for, you owe it to her to be honest and just tell her you are too cheap to pay for a once a year vet visit and let her find a real man to be with

Wells its actually my dog... and I have taken him to the vet when we got him to get him checked up when we first got him... but hes a young dog only two years old... I get him all his vaccinations and heart worm pills... but besides that... what else is there? I would think a bi annual trip to the vet would suffice.

LOL and its not that I am cheap. I just don't want to be giving money away. Last time I went to the vet they took a blood sample and weighed him and stuck me with a 200 dollar bill... seems pretty rediculous. Other vets around here are the same price...

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL dude don't ask... this is my womans first dog... and she spoils him rotten

I will say it tires him out and he sleeps for like two days afterwards.

My wife wanted a dog, but I didn't. I told her she could get it but there had to be rules. The first and most important was that it wasn't my dog. Second was that I wasn't going to put the family in a financial bind to fix the dog if something happened to it. It's just a dog. If that one breaks she can go to the pound and get another one. It's a dog in our family, not a child.

To each his own though.

Users who are viewing this thread