dog question

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
My girlfriend is like obsessed with taking our dog for his yearly checkup at the vet.

My Opinion:

We can get everything he needs either online (heartworm etc... ) or go to petco for his yearly vaccinations which are much cheaper then going to the vet who rapes you in the ass.

I don't think we need to take him. Does anyone have a good reason why I should take him to the vet. I don't want to waste money when I don't need too.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
spending money and wasting money are two different things.. i would choose words wisely especially when talking this over with the girl.

If you trust your dog with some teenagers at PETCO .. go for it. I personally would only take my dog to a vet for any type of check up.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
The thing with animals is that when they're sick, it's sometimes hard to tell.

I bring my cat in for a yearly checkup and the last blood test showed that he may have potential kidney issues due to his age. We put him on a special diet and he's fine now and even acts a little more lively. If I didn't know this and take action to correct it, his life span could have been much shorter.

It's better to get those tests done if you really want to be sure. Why take the chance?

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
the vet I go to is very, very reasonable on pricing.

is the dog a indoor dog, only going out to play and do his business? Does he come into contact with other dogs?

I believe it is a good idea to get the heartworm test, the other vaccinations do not cost that much. I would not feel very comfortable going to a Petco, just seems like going to Great Clips to get a hair cut, knowing that a lot of those people are not as experienced. Why not shop around vets? Call around and see what their pricing is on the vaccinations, etc?

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
spending money and wasting money are two different things.. i would choose words wisely especially when talking this over with the girl.

If you trust your dog with some teenagers at PETCO .. go for it. I personally would only take my dog to a vet for any type of check up.

anyone can stick a needle in a dog and give it a vaccination.

Its not rocket science. Every time I hear the word vet i see $150

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
the vet I go to is very, very reasonable on pricing.

is the dog a indoor dog, only going out to play and do his business? Does he come into contact with other dogs?

I believe it is a good idea to get the heartworm test, the other vaccinations do not cost that much. I would not feel very comfortable going to a Petco, just seems like going to Great Clips to get a hair cut, knowing that a lot of those people are not as experienced. Why not shop around vets? Call around and see what their pricing is on the vaccinations, etc?

hes indoor and outdoor. Hes around dogs all the time because we take him to doggie day care once a week (another expense I could do without)

He needs to have all his vaccinations in order to go to doggie day care.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
since he is around a lot of dogs, it would be wise to keep up with vaccinations, you never know how well the other dogs are taken care of.

hotcobra03

Established Member
we just got a new puppy in sept, a female neapolitan mastiff,,,we already have an 8yr old male neapolitan mastiff,,,we took them both last month,,,400 dollar raping but they have what they need,,,they both got the new flu shot for dogs,,,,

ff500

Established Member
I got my 6 year old daughter a fisher price vet kit, so now when ever any of my 3 dogs needs attention she takes care of it.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd say use the Vet. If you cant afford to properly care for an animal, then you cant afford an animal.

You dont take your kids to CVS or Walgreens for a medical checkup do you?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My girlfriend is like obsessed with taking our dog for his yearly checkup at the vet.

My Opinion:

We can get everything he needs either online (heartworm etc... ) or go to petco for his yearly vaccinations which are much cheaper then going to the vet who rapes you in the ass.

I don't think we need to take him. Does anyone have a good reason why I should take him to the vet. I don't want to waste money when I don't need too.

you can get dental tools off the internet too but that does not mean you should be doing your own dental work or trust it to the kids down the block that play dentist and doctor.

if you are unwilling to care for your Girlfriends dog the way it needs to be cared for, you owe it to her to be honest and just tell her you are too cheap to pay for a once a year vet visit and let her find a real man to be with

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
you can get dental tools off the internet too but that does not mean you should be doing your own dental work or trust it to the kids down the block that play dentist and doctor.

if you are unwilling to care for your Girlfriends dog the way it needs to be cared for, you owe it to her to be honest and just tell her you are too cheap to pay for a once a year vet visit and let her find a real man to be with

Word.

$150 to keep your GF's dog, which she most likely loves more than you, healthy, in turn keeping your GF happy, is worth it.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Find a country vet. I cringe very time I hear what a big city vet charges. My wife worked at a big clinic in Ogallala nebraska and had people come from all over the country, some of it was specialty equine work but some was just small animals.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I spend more on my dog then I do on myself when it comes to checkups. She is worth every penny in my eyes.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

:lol:

Would you say the same about your child if you and her end up having one OP? Guaranteed that's how she will look at it.

Quit being cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread