Dog was attacked and killed.... help?

mach1stang317

Established Member
My girlfriend's Chihuahua was in her parent's front yard when the neighbor's Pitt Bull got loose and attacked her. He jumped on her and took a nice size chunk out of her side. She was having trouble breathing and bleeding all over, her dad had to put the dog out as it was in excruciating pain...
I've heard the pit has attacked and killed two other pets in the neighborhood. We'll be calling Animal Control in the morning as it's already late, but anyone have anything like this happen? What are we to expect, and what can we do about the attacking dog, something needs to be done before it happens to another pet, whether ours, or someone else's....

any info??? (it took place in Houston, TX if that makes any difference.)

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
"Her dad had to put the dog out"...wow. Ever heard of an Emergency vet clinic? Also, sounds like your girlfriend and her neighbors need to exercise a little more responsibility as pet owners.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
My girlfriend's Chihuahua was in her parent's front yard when the neighbor's Pitt Bull got loose and attacked her. He jumped on her and took a nice size chunk out of her side. She was having trouble breathing and bleeding all over, her dad had to put the dog out as it was in excruciating pain...
I've heard the pit has attacked and killed two other pets in the neighborhood. We'll be calling Animal Control in the morning as it's already late, but anyone have anything like this happen? What are we to expect, and what can we do about the attacking dog, something needs to be done before it happens to another pet, whether ours, or someone else's....

any info??? (it took place in Houston, TX if that makes any difference.)

well, from experience with animals I can assure you they are going to put the pit to sleep. More than likely the owner will be fined for letting such an aggressive dog be able to get out. You could also sue, but I think suing is not necessary if you or your family members werent hurt.

mach1stang317

Established Member
"Her dad had to put the dog out"...wow. Ever heard of an Emergency vet clinic? Also, sounds like your girlfriend and her neighbors need to exercise a little more responsibility as pet owners.

thanks for your sympathy. I'm sure the vet cold do a lot since part of her stomach was laying across the yard and she was bleeding to death...
a Pitbull attacked a tiny ass Chihuahua.

*edited by moderator*

Last edited:

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
I agree, if the dog took a "piece out of its side" putting it out was probably the right move.

864svt

powered by svt
Established Member
If In fact this has happened before and this dog killed mine I can guarantee you I would sue, my dog is a member of my family. Why keep an aggresive dog like this around??? Sorry to hear about your shatty night

mach1stang317

Established Member
well, from experience with animals I can assure you they are going to put the pit to sleep. More than likely the owner will be fined for letting such an aggressive dog be able to get out. You could also sue, but I think suing is not necessary if you or your family members werent hurt.

They haven't had problems with the neighbors, but the neighbors have been in trouble for the same thing in the past. I don't think they're looking to sue, but something's gotta be done with the dog.

Last edited:

864svt

powered by svt
Established Member
They haven't had problems with the neighbors, but the neighbors have been in trouble for the same thing in the past. I don't think they're looking to sue, but something's gotta be done with the dog.
I'm sure that animal control will deal with it don't you worry, I hate to say this but I'm glad they are maki g of illegal to have pitts in my area of Canada(not because of the dog,some are big babies) but to many irasponsible Pitt owners

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
I'm sure that animal control will deal with it don't you worry, I hate to say this but I'm glad they are maki g of illegal to have pitts in my area of Canada(not because of the dog,some are big babies) but to many irasponsible Pitt owners

Im glad you realize the cause.. but its still a shame that legislation needs to be put in place because people are scum bags.. :( 3 beautiful, well behaved, loving pits in my family..

I feel sorry for both dogs, and all animals involved..

864svt