Dog was attacked and killed.... help?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
well, from experience with animals I can assure you they are going to put the pit to sleep. More than likely the owner will be fined for letting such an aggressive dog be able to get out. You could also sue, but I think suing is not necessary if you or your family members werent hurt.

Well said. Thats what they do with them around here. If you have a Pit and its attacks "ANYTHING" then it is put down and the owners fined.

Also give your girlfriend my condolences. Losing a "family member" like that is devastating and effects all that are involved.

Last edited:

IDGT500

Established Member
I woulda shot the mother ****er and claimed self defense. Pitts as a whole are usually great dogs, but they tend to get a bad rap due to all the asshats that own them. Sorry to hear about the Chihuahua. As far as a lawsuit is concerned, I'm pretty sure you can sue and win, but it won't bring the little one back (I know, "Way to go, Captain Obvious"....LOL) I'd say contact Harris County Animal Control Veterinary Public Health and see what they have to say.

Yup they are a great breed, but when idiots get their hands on one, things go bad and the dog can take down 5Xs its size if it feels the need to.

Juruense

Banned
If any type of dog harms my pets or my children and animal control does not kill it then I will. Then I will proceed to make the owner regret the day he got a dog either through civil action or other means.

steve99

Established Member
wow, talk about crazy i know i'm a little late here but almost the same exact thing just happened to me on this past wednesday. Neighbors 2 pitbulls pulled our toy chihuaha? under the fence and killed her right in front of me. took less than 30 seconds, i was in shock. they tried to attack me while i was trying to get her back, so i went and got my gun and came out with every intention on killing my way to my dead dog just to have my neighbor running out to give me her and stop me. ran her to the animal hospital cause she was still almost breathing but it was too late by far.

I have two pitt-bulls as well but mine are friendly as can be and played with the chihuaha and any other dog we brought around. these dogs need put to sleep however.

I know for a fact we are taking them to court for the cost of the dog as well as attempting to get damages and whatnot, the wife is still not taking it well at all and all i can think about is shooting his dogs. :fm::fm::fm:

oh and animal control didn't do a thing, just told me to take them to court.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Man, that shit pisses me off. I would flip out if my dog was killed like this. It's kind of a lose lose situation though, no one wants to part with their dogs. Whether it attacks another dog or gets attacked.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Sad news indeed. My g/f has a chihuahua who is a bit snippy at times but does well at the dog part with the big dogs and with my two Huskys. I'm a believer that there are few bad dogs but many bad owners. Best wishes.

bnd3672

Established Member
show me a lab that would have done that....

K.

1186877342_ff9fd2e487.jpg

The owner has let the dog act aggressive throughout its life and hasn't socialized it properly. There are lab attacks too. :shrug:

smknvette

Established Member
sad to here....i would have to kill that pit myself. I had a lab get killed by a bear last fall. I went to Dicks sporting goods and bought a 7mm with some ballastic tips and took it out.lol It pissed me off pretty bad needless to say. It tore down a fence to get my pup. And yes one of my friends ate the bear meat.lol

smknvette

Established Member
K.

1186877342_ff9fd2e487.jpg

The owner has let the dog act aggressive throughout its life and hasn't socialized it properly. There are lab attacks too. :shrug:

Those dogs are playing. I have a blonde and a black lab now and i see that look everyday when they are playing. They never bite each other though. But i agree any dog can be turned mean.

bnd3672

Established Member
Those dogs are playing. I have a blonde and a black lab now and i see that look everyday when they are playing. They never bite each other though. But i agree any dog can be turned mean.

I know they are, just making a point with some show factor. :beer:

Anyway, the point is the same. They are all animals and are largely a factor of their upbringing. There are no "angel" breeds, but there are good owners and bad owners. The reality is that owners of any large breed need to realize that an attack can have severe consequences and raise their dogs accordingly. Early socialization.

More Solid Example: There were 26 reported labrador attacks on humans between 1982 and 2006. (Meritt Clifton dog attack deaths and maimings 2006) Disclaimer: I'm not picking on labradors.. Just using them as an example because the poster mentioned them as a breed that would never do it.

Sorry to get off topic, and sorry for your loss OP.

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
They should have called the police right away. Why are they waiting? The dog will/should be put down especially if it's had multiple attacks. They will fine the owners.

mach1stang317

Established Member
They should have called the police right away. Why are they waiting? The dog will/should be put down especially if it's had multiple attacks. They will fine the owners.

They've already called the police/animal control as I posted previously. The dog has already been taken and will be (if not already) put to sleep.
As for their other two pits, I think they're being watched, any sign of the same thing happening, they'll take them also.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
They've already called the police/animal control as I posted previously. The dog has already been taken and will be (if not already) put to sleep.
As for their other two pits, I think they're being watched, any sign of the same thing happening, they'll take them also.

Good. I own a APBT. Irresponsible owners really give them a bad name and need to be delt with. You should not have to worry about your dog being attacked in your fenced in yard.

Users who are viewing this thread