Doing Heads And Cams

DARKANGEL03

What R The Best Set Of Cams, And Who Does The Cheapest Best Porting Job, Also What Does It Cost To Get Heads And Cams Put In, How Much Rwhp Does It Usually Give U

Thanks,
Bob

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
'cheapest best' doesn't go together very well man. Before you even bother with this, what are your current mods and more importantly your future goals?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Not sure about the cams but I've heard a port job will net about 25 hp at the real wheels. Not a big gain and I would imagine grinding all 32 ports won't be cheap.

metaman

Established Member
You might want to talk to VT engines. They port heads, and have build some down right rediculous 1000 hp turbo modulars.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
With a Whipple or KB, your engine is already capable of making more power than you can reliably put through the stock shortblock. Before I would even considered cams and/or head porting, I'd upgrade the shortblock - even better, do it all at once.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Keep in mind that a PP job on 03/04 heads is only good for about 30rwhp at most on a heavily built car and the cost of getting it done will likely run you $1000-1500, thats a lot of money for 30hp. Personally if you dont have money to burn or are not making an all out race car there really isnt any reason to go with PP heads. Just a good set of cams/springs and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread