Dont disown me

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
but i spent all day on my cobra yesterday starting the teardown. :poke:

I need to get her back on the road soon so i can afford to let the lightning sit for some mods. :burnout:

After having worked on the L, i can tell you the Cobra was a walk in the park.

Some pics to entertain or get you riled up about my new found love :pop:

cobra7.jpg

cobra2.jpg

cobra4.jpg

FordFanStan

Established Member
Trader :cuss: :mj: ...

Haha just messin' with you. Bet you can't wait to get that snake back on the road. Need any parts, give us a call and see if we can help you out.. Stan

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Pssst....Stan...it's "traitor". She still has the L, she didn't "trade" it! :D :D :D

Stewart

PS - Duncan? from the Clan McCloud? ;-)

Dusten

Established Member
THUNDER BOLT said:
Looks like you have some cleaning to do.
What all needs to be done to the Cobra?
If i can remember that long ago, something about a bottom end knock, wrist pin issue

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
it started out as a wrist pin issue now its a rod i think, its really loud like marbles in a can last i drove it.

This will either be repair to get her back on the road or go forged and prep it for some boost :rockon:

Stan ill give you a call definitely! :)

Thanks for the wb Bob. I know this thing is gonna take half the time to work on, but twice the money :p in 2 weeks the motor is gonna be out. i just thought id see what is up under the valve cover. Maybe valve springs or timing chain... Also thinking about an all black engine bay (really nice valve covers) after its put back together. and a new yellow paint job :coolman:

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Please leave it white!
I want one of those cobras wicked bad............ but i need to calm down on the cars i own

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
We had my buddies on jackstands in the front Derek and it went right in.

You know it needs to be blown Mai so go forged, everything should be blown!

FordFanStan

Established Member
I don't know Bob. Since I am one of the people who will never turbo my Gen2, so I think if I owned a Cobra I would want to build a twin turbo system on it. You kow it would haul balls and be a killer street car. I do agree, go forged Mai. Build it up now so you wont have to tear it apart and do it later when you up the power...

EDIT: a 304ci. stroker 4.6 comes to mind :eek: :burnout: ... we just finished up one of those here in the shop and for a n/a mustang, it was very quick and put you back in the seat hard... Stan

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Dante dealt with the Dart wet sleeve blocks and was unimpressed with their design. When they clearanced the block for the sleeves to be pressed they took out alot of the supporting cast material I guess, or something like that is what I was told a while back. I guess they couldnt handle real high boost :shrug: ... Stan

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I'm talking about a Darton wet sleeve kit, may be the same thing. You can use one for a 5.4 and get ~360 cubes out of it along with a stroker crank. :rockon:

FordFanStan

Established Member
either way, theres no substitue for cubic inches right haha. I just wish I had the extra funds to go stroker or big bore. Maybe one day :rolleyes: ... Stan

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
about time you post up slacker :p
and well if you need a little help and if Ive got the time gimme a call and ill see what I can help with :)

Users who are viewing this thread