Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

blwn89gt

Established Member
I’m coming up on 12 years this August with my ZY coupe. I’m the third owner, I bought it from my best friend who bought it from the original owner. I will never get rid of it, my kids can fight over who will get it eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I just had my 6 years with my OW, and coming up on 3 for my black one. I bought the white one for my birthday 6 years ago, and bought this black one for my birthday 3 years ago haha.
I've owned my 03 coupe for 16 years and my 03 vert for 7 years.

However, I've owned my 65 for 34 years. Holy crap I'm old. Lmao....

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I’m coming up on 12 years this August with my ZY coupe. I’m the third owner, I bought it from my best friend who bought it from the original owner. I will never get rid of it, my kids can fight over who will get it eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Every once in a while my kids start arguing over who gets mine when I go. I might put something about a boxing match in my will.

I've owned my 03 coupe for 16 years and my 03 vert for 7 years.

However, I've owned my 65 for 34 years. Holy crap I'm old. Lmao....

Yes. Yes you are. :)

Venom351R

Established Member
I get this 100%, but in the Fox Body realm. I traded my Fox in Nov of 02. I just got another one in Dec of 23. Never getting rid of this Fox Body.

I have 2 Terminators. I may sell the vert one day, but my coupe isn't going anywhere.

I was driving my Fox Body for a couple days. I then drove my 03 coupe. Holy crap, there is such a vast contrast lol. But I still love my Fox Body even though the Terminator is a beast in comparison.

I tried the foxbody thing after selling the Cobra last year. Had a big project planned out, new engine, trans, rearend. Had a Ford stokers 363 Dart liberator engine on order and got as far as swapping out the seats in it ( were not fox seats ) and blew my back out. Was out of work for 2 1/2 months and realzied I could not finish a project to that scale without serious risk of that happening again. Decided to walk away from cars completely and sold that. Over the past month with the change of the year I started thinking a lot about summer and car show season and how that's all I've really done for years and what I enjoy doing. Decided I wanted something again and the Cobra was at the top of that list. With knowing more about these cars now and being more picky with what I buy I decided to get this one.
This is good advice. I made this exact mistake 6 months ago for a Boss. I'm now fortunately and freshly back into a Terminator. The only problem now is... I'm paying much more for what I had before!

I am curious.. what do you consider your mistakes? Mine was a 2.3 whipple coupe with 615 wheel. Lots of fun. Now, I have an all stock low mileage convertible and I'm struggling with modding it- Maybe I will, but nothing crazy... exhaust, styling bar, maybe springs, 10.5 chromies.. thinking of keeping the engine untouched. Never had one that wasn't modded before. I am looking for an SOS A-pillar dual pod for a convertible if anyone has any leads!
Bought the first one sight unseen becuase I knew the owner and car for the previous 10 years. Turned out it was not as descirbed. Had paint issues that I couldn't see until I got it along with other things. Modded it too much for what I really did with it. Had a VMP Gen3R with a return fuel system, RXT clutch, 26 spline input shaft the mod list was long and just before I sold it I had ARH's and a FTBR kit going on it. Those were sold with the car. I sold it to the shop that did a lot of work on it. It spent A LOT of time at the shop, I think it was there more than it was actually at my house over the past 3 years. The VMP Gen3R was a great blower but gave me a ton of issues between a very slack throttle cable, horrible sticking throttle body. Both of those made the driveability absloute crap. Those were resolved but over time I just started to reallly resent the car. Spent so much money on it only to not be happy with how things were in the end even if they eventually did get fixed like the TB and cable issue. Also needed valve seals and I knew if the engine came out I would have ended up doing more to the engine. The shop I alwasys brought it to did great work I'm not knocking him but he was like a drug dealer to me, it was never enough and always needed to do more. So in the end this car will not be built like that, I'll do everything at home myself or with help of friends. The shop is closed anyway so that "influence" is now gone. All of this may not seem all that bad but going through all of it just really sucked and wore on me.
As far as how I'd build one now....ported eaton supporting mods and really that's it and this one already has that and with LT's. I may also consider doing a whipple 2.3 but I'm not doing any big blowers again like a 2.9, 3.0 or Gen3R
Congrats. How many miles? Are the saleens staggered?
I belive they are staggered. I know they came in 18X9 on all four and also an optional 18X10 for the rear, the rear tires are 295's but I haven't pulled a wheel off to confrim the size. I belive they should be stamped on inside of one of the spokes for the size
You get another car, or are you done?
IIRC you mentioned you just wanted to fly for vacations, not drive.

Its hard going through 6 months of crap weather up here and to finally have spring / summer arrive and not have anything to do like car shows and just drving around. That's what really had me wanting to get anoher one. I'm still doing trips but that's not something I can do often and all the time at least until reirement and that's along time to sit idle without having a hobby to keep me busy

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You get another car, or are you done?
IIRC you mentioned you just wanted to fly for vacations, not drive.
I want to get my wife something new. She still has her 04 Escape that is missing again, thing eats coils. She only drive like 10 miles a week, maybe. I'm not sure she'll retire when I do, she's younger, she'll need a better vehicle. I've had the Cobra since July 2002.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've made that mistake too many times (see my signature). I've really had the itch for a GT350 lately. So I've slightly considered selling, but I just cant do it. I would love to just add to the stable, but I just don't have the room in the garage. Well at least not until the kids are out of the house.

When I bought my most recent terminator, I said, if this one ever gets sold, then I'm out of the terminator game. So I searched along time to find exactly what I wanted. I modded it way more than I had anticipated so I rarely drive it. But it does still put a smile on my face whenever I take it out.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I have a somewhat similar story.
20 years ago next month I bought my first Terminator. A new 2003 Silver Metallic Coupe. Much like you I regretfully had to sell it 3 short years later with maybe 30-35k miles on it.

Today...I am back.... finishing up buying a 2003 Silver Metallic Coupe with about 35k miles on it...like I never left!

Congrats and we should probably keep these for a while

Is this the Whipple car I saw on FB?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Eh...

I had mine for 12 years and had a lot of fun with it. I've since bought a GT350 and it is so much more than my Terminator could have ever been for what I want a car to do. I'd never go back.

LS WUT

Established Member
I've made that mistake too many times (see my signature). I've really had the itch for a GT350 lately. So I've slightly considered selling, but I just cant do it. I would love to just add to the stable, but I just don't have the room in the garage. Well at least not until the kids are out of the house.

When I bought my most recent terminator, I said, if this one ever gets sold, then I'm out of the terminator game. So I searched along time to find exactly what I wanted. I modded it way more than I had anticipated so I rarely drive it. But it does still put a smile on my face whenever I take it out.
Well you know who to call if you ever get that “itch” your car is dialed in. I’ve seen her in person twice now. Still makes my heart melt seeing such a beautiful Sonic Blue in person. One of these days I’d love to see her in person with the CCW’s. Give me that last little nudge I need to make it happen.

Venom351R

Established Member
Eh...

I had mine for 12 years and had a lot of fun with it. I've since bought a GT350 and it is so much more than my Terminator could have ever been for what I want a car to do. I'd never go back.

I bought one of those after my last Terminator, couldn't get rid of that thing soon enough. Great cars fun to drive amazing handling but I'd never get another one

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Well you know who to call if you ever get that “itch” your car is dialed in. I’ve seen her in person twice now. Still makes my heart melt seeing such a beautiful Sonic Blue in person. One of these days I’d love to see her in person with the CCW’s. Give me that last little nudge I need to make it happen.

You know you'll be my first call if I even jump off the ledge.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I bought one of those after my last Terminator, couldn't get rid of that thing soon enough. Great cars fun to drive amazing handling but I'd never get another one
I'd be interested in hearing why. I never drove one but I think it's the best looking mustang ever made.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bought one of those after my last Terminator, couldn't get rid of that thing soon enough. Great cars fun to drive amazing handling but I'd never get another one.
You said the GT350 was a great car, fun to drive, with amazing handling. Can you expound on why you'd never get another one?

Venom351R

Established Member
You said the GT350 was a great car, fun to drive, with amazing handling. Can you expound on why you'd never get another one?

I wont take away what it is good at but what I did not like about it is how nutless it is with no torque. Have to get quite high in the RPM range to really feel any power where Terminator's just punch you in the face from the get go. Its just a different type of car and my time with it is only my personal experience and what I like and don't like. My bronco is my everyday more modern tech heavy vehicle and I need something that's a departure from that and fun to drive, I find that the Terminator's fit that bill well while the GT350 is just too modern and refined for what I really like. Plus you see them all the time at car shows, its like...yawn oh another GT350 or GT500. Go to shows around here and if myself or my friend do not go you wont see any Terminators.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
Ive had mine for over 11 years now. From stock to full 25.5 drag setup. I have thought about selling it quite a few times and every time I do, I think about this very topic and backtrack.

This has led me to gather parts to make it more street-friendly which should prevent me from selling.

If I did end up selling, I would be looking for a near stock Terminator to be able to drive everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread