Don't ever sell your Terminator..... you will just buy another one

LS WUT

Established Member
This is me too. No place to blast around here anymore with all the traffic.
Yeah that’s for sure. I’ve got to do my datalog runs at 2-3 in the morning mostly to be able to do Wor pulls without the party pooper police or the traffic. Sarasota has changed so much in the last 2-3 years it’s becoming overwhelming numbing to remain here.

LS WUT

Established Member
View attachment 1826422
I think the 03-04 will end up like the Boss 429. They made many more Cobras, but their is more similarities than you think.

Picked up my 03 Sonic Blue in 2006, the drive home is etched in my mind. The complete rush of power and it seemed to go forever! I had the joker smile stuck on my face for a few days.

That was just an Catback, and intake. Now it has a 2.76 pulley, Mrt Stainless mid, Mac Stainless Catback, H&R Sports, LFP heat exchanger, Billetflow Hood vents and Tune. Always thought I wanted a bigger blower and supporting mods, but I'm glad I stayed where I'm at. Like many of you, the Cobra is becoming a cruiser and not a street brawler anymore. And that's okay, it's made its mark more than apparent. I also very much appreciate these people here. Much information to be gathered, and contested! Here.
That’s so accurate on many different levels. I’ve gained so much knowledge, and have met some great guys from here. Most of them I talk with daily whether that be on here, or we text eachother. I know SVTP gets a lot of flack because it’s like a brotherhood however once you get in and you put your big boy panties on it’s such a great place to talk to like minded individuals.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah that’s for sure. I’ve got to do my datalog runs at 2-3 in the morning mostly to be able to do Wor pulls without the party pooper police or the traffic. Sarasota has changed so much in the last 2-3 years it’s becoming overwhelming numbing to remain here.
I always did mine on the I-75 bridge over the Peace River early around 7 or so. Long enough to get up to WOT in third, fourth, no way. I live close to the river.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
We kinda got hosed buying this one sight unseen. Live and learn I guess. We overpaid for what the advertised condition is. So the wife doesn't like it as much. But I'm trying to make it better.

I honestly think she'd be happier with a 2010-2015ish 5.0 convertible. Thought about trading, but we'd lose our a$$ on the deal I'm sure.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. What if you tried selling it outright? You have a few foxes so a 11-14 Vert with a coyote would probably be a sweet pick up? If not maybe she’ll enjoy it more when you fix make things better with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear that. What if you tried selling it outright? You have a few foxes so a 11-14 Vert with a coyote would probably be a sweet pick up? If not maybe she’ll enjoy it more when you fix make things better with it.

I've thought about possibly selling it outright. But we paid 5k more than what others would probably pay for it. I think she would enjoy a 11-14 vert with a coyote in it. The purpose of buying a convertible with a automatic was so she could drive one. She still hasn't driven this car, only a few rides.

The engine bay is what bothers her and myself the most. For a low mileage car, there seems to be a lot of corrosion and rust on engine parts. To the point that I would have to start removing parts like the upper intake at minimum. I already started buying used parts like fuel rails and fuel line that runs up to the motor.

Basically I need to decide how far I want to take it. I do like the car because it's a 7-up. And I can work on it at my leisure.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
OK, new ideas around my house that we talked about. My wife doesn't want me to sell the 03. I'm going to retire in June, or first of the year. We've known this for a while. Need to redo the pool area, that's a given. Anyways, keeping the Cobra, selling my 18 150, her 04 Escape and maybe grabbing a Maverick or similar. We'll only need 1 vehicle and I won't need a full size then. I can get real wheels and tires for the Cobra as a trade off. Hey, @TORQUERULES , still like yours, any regrets?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member

OK, new ideas around my house that we talked about. My wife doesn't want me to sell the 03. I'm going to retire in June, or first of the year. We've known this for a while. Need to redo the pool area, that's a given. Anyways, keeping the Cobra, selling my 18 150, her 04 Escape and maybe grabbing a Maverick or similar. We'll only need 1 vehicle and I won't need a full size then. I can get real wheels and tires for the Cobra as a trade off. Hey, @TORQUERULES , still like yours, any regrets?
Solid plan. How many miles are on the Cobra Brad?

LS WUT

Established Member
Got any pictures of the F150, and miles on her?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Got any pictures of the F150, and miles on her?
48K. 2.7 little beast. Damn thing will move out for 165 CU IN.
2018.jpg

Interior.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That’s the sweet spot. Still very low for a 20+ y/o car, but not so low that you feel guilty driving it.
Yeah, oil has been changed at stupid low mileage intervals. Been running Redline for a few years. I've put maybe 500 miles on it in 5 years, seriously. Honestly glad she told me to keep it. Once I retire I'll fix the air and window and drive it, especially if I have some cool wheels. I'm sure you guys have seen it before. Not gonna blower swap, the 2.76" is plenty of fun for my old ass.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I've thought about possibly selling it outright. But we paid 5k more than what others would probably pay for it. I think she would enjoy a 11-14 vert with a coyote in it. The purpose of buying a convertible with a automatic was so she could drive one. She still hasn't driven this car, only a few rides.

The engine bay is what bothers her and myself the most. For a low mileage car, there seems to be a lot of corrosion and rust on engine parts. To the point that I would have to start removing parts like the upper intake at minimum. I already started buying used parts like fuel rails and fuel line that runs up to the motor.

Basically I need to decide how far I want to take it. I do like the car because it's a 7-up. And I can work on it at my leisure.

Ah ok I get that. Yeah I wouldn’t wanna lose my ass on something like that. Maybe if you get the used parts and still aren’t happy you could try to see what it could bring privately? If you feel as if you already paid to much yeah you probably need to decide how much you wanna put in it. Good luck brother.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, oil has been changed at stupid low mileage intervals. Been running Redline for a few years. I've put maybe 500 miles on it in 5 years, seriously. Honestly glad she told me to keep it. Once I retire I'll fix the air and window and drive it, especially if I have some cool wheels. I'm sure you guys have seen it before. Not gonna blower swap, the 2.76" is plenty of fun for my old ass.
That's awesome Brad! Who knows, maybe once you retire you'll put a few more miles on her. I love MG and think it's an underrated color.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ah ok I get that. Yeah I wouldn’t wanna lose my ass on something like that. Maybe if you get the used parts and still aren’t happy you could try to see what it could bring privately? If you feel as if you already paid to much yeah you probably need to decide how much you wanna put in it. Good luck brother.

Yuppers, I actually enjoy driving it because it's not perfect, if that makes sense?

I'm putting new tires on it this spring. Current ones are super old and I think it makes the car feel "bouncy" or "shaky" at lower speeds.

Seems I can find 4 225/55/16 for around 300 bucks on eBay.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yuppers, I actually enjoy driving it because it's not perfect, if that makes sense?

I'm putting new tires on it this spring. Current ones are super old and I think it makes the car feel "bouncy" or "shaky" at lower speeds.

Seems I can find 4 225/55/16 for around 300 bucks on eBay.

I get that, I’d like to have a 96-98 Cobra vert I could do that with.

Venom351R

Established Member
OP what did you not like about the GT350? I'm thinking about trading my vette in for one

I did answer this when someone else asked in depth a few pages ago so I wont go into quite as much detail but the summary is it just was not what I like. I knew the differences these cars have over the Cobra's and what they excel at but in the end I just really like the brute force power of the Cobra's and I could not get past how the 350 was so boring down low. Fast car that handles awesome and does so many things well but overall it just wasn't what I like. I like to have power at the tap of the throttle and not have to go through thousands of RPM's to start feeling any grunt

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Love it! It's kind of a Goldilocks vehicle. Does a lot of things right.

Users who are viewing this thread