Don't you hate when this happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Two rocks hit your windshield both both cracking it and if that's not enough to ruin your morning three rock chips on your fender. All this was caused by a fellow 03 cobra owner who sees fit to drive around town and on the highway using bfg drag radials as his everyday tire. Flying rocks from tires are just one of those things that happen, but with drag radials with their soft compound it's guaranteed to happen. On the highway it doesn't matter how far back you stay. How can people give so little sh!t about others, to knowingly do this. If it happened to their new car they would not think it so cool. This guy didn't give a sh!t... couldn't even offer an apology. Not all risers drive rice. What a dick.
JE:fm:

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yes, I do hate that and I'm one of the guilty ones. I've spit on a friend of mine and it really sucks!! Sorry kpinco.. Hopefully I can swing another set of rims with some street tires on there next spring. Right now it's too inconvinient to get the tires tore down and off of there after every trip to the track. I am an offender, I'm sorry!! Fortunately kpinco didn't get any damage.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
that is ridiculous...

Drag Race times arent important enough to me to cause possible damage to my or others cars...

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
Yes, I do hate that and I'm one of the guilty ones. I've spit on a friend of mine and it really sucks!! Sorry kpinco.. Hopefully I can swing another set of rims with some street tires on there next spring. Right now it's too inconvinient to get the tires tore down and off of there after every trip to the track. I am an offender, I'm sorry!! Fortunately kpinco didn't get any damage.

Well at least, you were sorry it hapened and sometime you just got to accept that... I would have. This guy just laughed and told me to shut up when I told him he shouldn't drive them on the streets. Yeah I know but I am 57 year old diabetic with angina.
JE

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Buy some mud flaps and keep them in the car. Once a fellow Cobra owner goes by and does this, flag 'em down and say, "Here, I think you need these.". Hand it to him and then drive away. :)

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
You are unbelievable! You get on here, whine about your car, get to Coastal, whine about your rock chip, then whine about what kind of a dyno it is, now you are on here whining again. I have been extremly nice to you, meeting up with you at the track, letting you know about the dyno day, mailing you info about your down on power situation, meeting up with you so you can follow up to the event. We get out of the car and you tell me that I am inconsiderate because of the tires I have, I let it go. What response did you expect? I was compassionette. I told you to shut up when you walked up into the group that I was talking to yelling about paint chips. I have no control over how close you follow, then you get on here and call me a dick.
You are 57 years old and have a lot of growing up to do!

Last edited:

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by 78mphgpr
You are unbelievable! You get on here, whine about your car, get to Coastal, whine about your rock chip, then whine about what kind of a dyno it is, now you are on here whining again. I have been extremly nice to you, meeting up with you at the track, letting you know about the dyno day, mailing you info about your down on power situation, meeting up with you so you can follow up to the event. We get out of the car and you tell me that I am inconsiderate because of the tires I have, I let it go. What response did you expect? I was compassionette. I told you to shut up when you walked up into the group that I was talking to yelling about paint chips. I have no control over how close you follow, then you get on here and call me a dick.
You are 57 years old and have a lot of growing up to do!

First off did I mention you by name. I was trying to point out the hazards those drag radials pose to others. As far as being nice to me (?) inviting me to a dyno event, and your advise... Thank you. As for the broken windshield, chipped paint, and gee did I give you a rock shower ha ha, I am sorry I don't think that's just swell. The driving too close issue could go on for ever but I don't believe I was. It happened following you off a exit to a place I've never been to or knew where it was. Now for the dyno... I would have preferred a Dyno Jet for the purposes I needed the numbers but in light of getting a broken windshield and chipped paint I am sure even you would have wish to not have come. Before you say I was whining try looking at it from my side of the windshield and tell me how pleased you'd be with me even with all the curtsies that where extended. Give me a break have it happen to you and tell me what a great guy the clown responsible is.
JE

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
gee did I give you a rock shower ha ha
Now you make stuff up! I never said that, you are a real peice of work.
I was trying to point out the hazards those drag radials pose to others
how? by calling me a dick?
You are a tool, go back to the shed.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
crap happens. i have rock chips all over my windsheild, and its all good. if i get a crack going on, i will replace it. what would you have done if a semi tossed the rocks that chipped your paint and cracked your windsheild? its just part of the risk you take driving your car.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I might have to agree with fly high. Plus, you can't just blame this on drag radials and say that whoever drives with them are inconsiderate because my buddy said a rock came up from my tires and hit his car also, and at the time I was using 295 bridgestone's. They are Z rated street tires. Not close to drag radials at all.

But thats because he was following close, all he did was leave alittle room and he was fine.

BTW - I know a chipped windshield sucks, but its completely free to get your windsheild replaced, you don't have to pay anything. There is this one place that even give's you a free steak when you get it replaced from them.

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by 78mphgpr
Now you make stuff up! I never said that, you are a real peice of work. how? by calling me a dick?
You are a tool, go back to the shed.

I am sorry that happen, is all you would have had to say but no you had to act like a dick telling me it was my own fault.
Good bye have a nice life your not someone I want to know anyway. Yes your acting lick a dick so you must be... get over it...dick.
JE

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
You really don't know when to stop you little piss ant of a man. You tell me to get over it but you post this on every Mustang board that you know of. I do hope I see you one day. I like how you say nothing when I am around, go home and get brave on your computer, typical.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I thought they were for the street :shrug: The don't hook that much better than my Regular tires at my track. Learn something new everyday, No warning on the website about kicking up stuff.

oldmodman

Established Member
Does that mean that my Goodyear GS-D3's in 315 will do this to the guy behind me? Or only drag radials?
P.S. Don't have them yet, still on order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread