Door lock actuator

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Where are you guys getting these things at? My drivers side failed on me and i'd like to get it replaced. I saw latemodelresto.com has them for $25 a piece but i'm not sure how the quality is on them?

WillyB93

Established Member
Seems like everyone sells them, The quality of them is the question?? I never had to replace one yet! so not for sure good luck

TX93Cobra

Established Member
my driver side actuator just went out on me as well... im probably gna order from late model resto.

red95gts

Established Member
I've got one from 50resto and it works just fine. Keep in mind you DO NOT have to drill out the rivet in the door frame to replace these. The actuator will pop out of it's mounting tabs and can be replaced that way.

vicstatic

Established Member
Retrofit actuators....worked great!

About 5 months ago I read up on retrofit actuator installation. Couple days later I went ahead and ordered the parts from the distributor mentioned.
$9.00 for the pair! Took me about an hour to install the first one and did the second one in about a half hour. The write up is very detailed and easy to understand. Pretty straight forward. Spent less than $20 total. I found the same actuators at the local auto stereo shop for $25 each.
I love saving money.

Liv4Spd

Established Member
Vic, any leads on that write up? I think it's about time to address my passenger side switch.

TDUB003

Established Member
About 5 months ago I read up on retrofit actuator installation. Couple days later I went ahead and ordered the parts from the distributor mentioned.
$9.00 for the pair! Took me about an hour to install the first one and did the second one in about a half hour. The write up is very detailed and easy to understand. Pretty straight forward. Spent less than $20 total. I found the same actuators at the local auto stereo shop for $25 each.
I love saving money.

Good to hear some positive feedback on this. I should be tackling this within the next week or so, when I get some free time. I'll let everyone know how it goes as well.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Did you check the wiring that runs through the tube in the door jamb? I thought my drivers-side actuator went out as well, but with all the door opening-and-closing cycles, some of the wires were fraying and causing a short. Had my last Fox for 16 years and it had the original actuators in it when I sold it four years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread