DORA Question

Pointby

Established Member
Stupid Question. I want to call Ford to check on my status and I don't have a VIn yet. I know I need my dealer number and order number. But for the life of me, I am not sure where my order number is on this. I'm sure its right in front of me. Care to point out the obvious? Thanks.
EvansShelby.jpg

bigdogmark2003

Established Member
Stupid Question. I want to call Ford to check on my status and I don't have a VIn yet. I know I need my dealer number and order number. But for the life of me, I am not sure where my order number is on this. I'm sure its right in front of me. Care to point out the obvious? Thanks.
EvansShelby.jpg

Looks like dealer number is F13206 and order number is C888.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
If you don't have a vin, there is not much to get an update on.

The dealer and/or rep should known what week in the run that the order is pulled. I take it that they have not given you that information though.

This is where the frustration for special orders stems from with customers. What salesman always forget to tell the customer is that the car is built per the allocation available, and when that allocation is going to be pulled from the factory.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
If you don't have a vin, there is not much to get an update on.

The dealer and/or rep should known what week in the run that the order is pulled. I take it that they have not given you that information though.

This is where the frustration for special orders stems from with customers. What salesman always forget to tell the customer is that the car is built per the allocation available, and when that allocation is going to be pulled from the factory.
how can they tell this from the DORA or other order info? So if I question my salesman, and he was willing, he could find out today an approximate time my car will get pulled? This is the first I have heard of this info.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
how can they tell this from the DORA or other order info? So if I question my salesman, and he was willing, he could find out today an approximate time my car will get pulled? This is the first I have heard of this info.

This information is not on the DORA or other order info.

Your salesman would not know unless he has been informed by his managers, owner or the zone rep himself. With any other order, a special order generally gets picked up the next week in routine inventory orders because of general inventory allocation....but with the GT500 (if things haven't changed since I ordered), cars will sit in the order bank until the specific week determined by FMC.

In other words, just because a special order has been placed it does not mean the car will immediately be pulled by the factory.

CMLaRue

What number do you call?

I would like to call to check my order status as well. What number do you call? Any help would be appreciated. My order was processed on 4/18/12 - I'm hopeful to at least be off of hold status now.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
there is one of these on the lot @

Fincannon Ford Mercury
1510 North Walnut Street, Hartford City, IN 47348
Contact Dealer at: 1-877-576-7389

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I went in with a cash offer of MSRP+TAX*Title+License last Monday, they said they were Firm @ Msrp + 2k.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I went in with a cash offer of MSRP+TAX*Title+License last Monday, they said they were Firm @ Msrp + 2k.

Opposite of what many would think to make a deal smooth and easy, Dealers generally prefer NON-cash offers.

Yeah, they usually make a little on the financing.

Odd that car has the Shaker Pro, but no Nav? Don't think I've seen that before.

Doesn't suprise me, as stated dealers actually prefer the financing.

Now meeting them in the middle at $1000 over seems reasonable, and would find it interesting if they let you walk on that.

Users who are viewing this thread