Double Clutching?

CobraOnTheLoose

Screamin Yellow
Established Member
Just curious if anyone knows the rpm's at which we can double clutch our cobra's? Also just so I can be clarified could someone explain double clutching?

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should..
fastfurious2.gif

Hahaha..

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
You don't need to double clutch in a car with a modern manual transmission. The only time it would be even remotely beneficial is if you're racing the car on a road course. Nevertheless, you could learn how to do it. It doesn't hurt, except when you get it wrong.

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
I have a tko600 that is Liberty proshifted in my 97 cobra and you have to double clutch it below 6500 rpm. . .pain in the ass. . . .

basically without synchros you have to match the tranny speed with flywheel speed or it will grind. you push in the clutch to take it out of gear, let it out to spin the tranny back up and then push it in again to engage the next gear. . of course all of this takes place in a fraction of a second. Its much like a tractor or old grain truck. .

KILRSVT

Established Member
double clutching is for guys in fast in the furious also known as ricers. we have synchroz and therefore dont need to double clutch. i do however pop the clutch to hear the tires squeal.:rolling:

TermySnake

Established Member
I knew that.:nonono: they should stop making Fast & Furious movies, they need to stop washin ppl minds. There is enough ricers in this world already.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
F+F#4 is on the way......let the double clutching commence and the fart cans shall reproduce...............Vin looks stoned in the pic prolly from double clutching.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
if you have double clutch's, then do you have double transmissions, with one tranny serving one half shaft, this is an interesting set up. when running double clutches do you use both feet. double clutching is something far from the past when tranny's no go have the kine synchoto's, thats why. my mammy taught me the kine double clutching when i was but an infant, i was out cruising her car when i was 10, and got it down when 11, after that no need for dbl cltch cause i could shift like a mofo. hell, i dont even need to use clutch pedal at all, clutch helpfull though at the track for speedshift. you should learn how for go shift up or down without cutch pedal and learn how tranny work.

Users who are viewing this thread