Drag Race wheel setup - post yours

BMspeed

Stings doesn't it!!!
Established Member
I'm also considering the billet spec streetlites 15x10 w 7.5bs for the rear. I'm hoping they fit and also wondering why no one else has used this setup? Does anyone know if there is a fitment problem??

ferrarokid

Established Member
I'm also considering the billet spec streetlites 15x10 w 7.5bs for the rear. I'm hoping they fit and also wondering why no one else has used this setup? Does anyone know if there is a fitment problem??

I think a member on here had tried them in the rear & they would not clear the calipers ..

chimazo

Established Member

If you go to their website, you'll see that they have a special wheel made for F-bodies in the size that would work great for our GT500's. Their standard 15x10, I'm willing to bet, will not fit. They show you a pic of the standard 15x10 vs the 15x10 F-body special, and you'll see where they added additional clearance for the rear caliper.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
4821.jpg

4769.jpg

4810.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

BMspeed

Stings doesn't it!!!
Established Member
If you go to their website, you'll see that they have a special wheel made for F-bodies in the size that would work great for our GT500's. Their standard 15x10, I'm willing to bet, will not fit. They show you a pic of the standard 15x10 vs the 15x10 F-body special, and you'll see where they added additional clearance for the rear caliper.

I think a member on here had tried them in the rear & they would not clear the calipers ..

Thanks for the help. You just saved me some aggravation and return shipping costs!

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Not as pretty as others, nothing special...17" M&H DR rear with OEM rim up front...They work pretty good though....:rockon:

ShelbyLaunching.jpg

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
once again im sorry for resurrecting a dead thread, but i like the way billet specialties rims look, what would it take to make them work on my 09? 1 inch spacer in the front (15x3.5) and 15x10 rear?

That was me I have a set sitting in the garage and the 15x10's will not clear the calipers and I went to town on them with a grinder. I dont care how much you take off they will not fit. I thrashed a caliper trying, I got to a point of no return and kept going to see if it was doable and it wasnt.

chimazo

Established Member
Not as pretty as others, nothing special...17" M&H DR rear with OEM rim up front...They work pretty good though....:rockon:

ShelbyLaunching.jpg

Rob, I take it you are running a 17" replica rim on the rear? What width is it and what size tire are you running? I need a bargain setup!:-D

XtremeS10

Established Member
See I am really considering just doing the rears for the track, how much do you gain by going to the skinnies up front? I want to go to a 305/45/18 for the street over these damn 315/30's I have now, and run a 28x11.50 on a 15" rim at the track, what do you guys think?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
See I am really considering just doing the rears for the track, how much do you gain by going to the skinnies up front? I want to go to a 305/45/18 for the street over these damn 315/30's I have now, and run a 28x11.50 on a 15" rim at the track, what do you guys think?

You'll lose around35 pounds with the wheel switch alone (skinnies vs stock) plus the weight difference for the tires. Now, factor in rolling resistance.
A sizable difference.

bj

XtremeS10

Established Member
You'll lose around35 pounds with the wheel switch alone (skinnies vs stock) plus the weight difference for the tires. Now, factor in rolling resistance.
A sizable difference.

bj

Something to think about I guess, but even just going to the back wheels with a 28" slick would be worth while for me so I can still drive on the street with my CCW's

Another question, will a weld alumastar with a 7" backspacing and +38mm backspacing work?

Last edited:

BMspeed

Stings doesn't it!!!
Established Member
Something to think about I guess, but even just going to the back wheels with a 28" slick would be worth while for me so I can still drive on the street with my CCW's

Another question, will a weld alumastar with a 7" backspacing and +38mm backspacing work?

I've been told by summit racing tech that the only weld 15" wheels that will fit are the "rt" series. the alumastar rt, weldstar rt, amnd magnum rt will all fit, but I thought the backspacing was 7.5"??

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Vic,

Make sure to double check the fitment of the wheel before mounting tires to them. Derek and I tried fitting some 15x10 Welds with 7.5" backspacing on our 08' and there was interference. It wasn't the backspacking or offset. It was actually the inner diameter of the wheel. There's a small step down on the inside of the wheel which came in contact with the caliper. Too much that we didn't even want to mess with trying to make it work. So before you mount tires on any wheel that you don't know for sure will fit just mount the wheel first to see that its going to work.

Jared

Six_Offender

Established Member
Race Star Industries

saw those posted on the Pics and Videos section i wonder if the 17x4 would work on our cars? i think they look nice, maybe a 17x4 with a 15x8 or 15x10? anybody have experience, knowledge or know if they would work?

XtremeS10

Established Member
Vic,

Make sure to double check the fitment of the wheel before mounting tires to them. Derek and I tried fitting some 15x10 Welds with 7.5" backspacing on our 08' and there was interference. It wasn't the backspacking or offset. It was actually the inner diameter of the wheel. There's a small step down on the inside of the wheel which came in contact with the caliper. Too much that we didn't even want to mess with trying to make it work. So before you mount tires on any wheel that you don't know for sure will fit just mount the wheel first to see that its going to work.

Jared

I will have to put a call into summit or weld when I can and see if they can point me in any direction. I know they are supposed to be debuting a new style made for our cars. I just think the bogarts are a little tired and wanted to go a different route, especially since I wanted to just start off only doing the rear 2 wheels for now.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I will have to put a call into summit or weld when I can and see if they can point me in any direction. I know they are supposed to be debuting a new style made for our cars. I just think the bogarts are a little tired and wanted to go a different route, especially since I wanted to just start off only doing the rear 2 wheels for now.

No sweat Vic. Just wanted to pass along my personal experience with the Welds so that you knew what to look for if you decide on going that route. No doubt the Bogarts are expensive. I finally gave in and got em only after trying other routes which didn't work.

Speak to you soon.

Jared

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Race Star Industries

saw those posted on the Pics and Videos section i wonder if the 17x4 would work on our cars? i think they look nice, maybe a 17x4 with a 15x8 or 15x10? anybody have experience, knowledge or know if they would work?

They'll fit if you use a 1" spacer. We installed them on our 08 GT500. Even with the 1" spacer, the spokes were soooo close to the caliper, might be able to fit a few sheets of paper between them.

Users who are viewing this thread