• E.T. Streets

Votes: 167 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercoffin

Established Member
info

Tirerack and Discount tire have the best deals on BFGs. I have heard you can get them from BJ Wholesale too for even less. I think tirerack is more but includes shipping and discount doesnt...anyway they come out to be about the same.

I have been very happy with tirerack at least with tires and shipping things out fast. I had some problems with them a while back when I ordered some chrome wheels that came all bubbled up...they werent too helpful with that.

I still cant believe that NITTOS are winning...i guess because they are the cheapest?

Man....you cant go by these surveys on sites like this. If i did I would go buy Nittos and on the street they are worse than regular tires...unless you do a burnout every time you want to launch...a long one too!! At the strip they are no where near as good as BFGs or MTs

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
see im running on an IRS still and i have the stock 03wheels but going to have the 10.5 soon. I dont want to change my IRS yet.

i dont care about how bad they wear or how much they are just long as they work

vnmous04

Established Member
I dont have any experience with either one but I can tell you the new toyo ra1 are absolutly great. My tuner has them on his zo6 and is traction from when he had the 555 on there is tremedously more. I am getting my set from aimtire today. I willreport on them in about 4 hours if this helps anybody and they are decently priced to. The new nitto nt/01 are even better but not suitable for highway use....

TORQUERULES

Established Member
97topless snake said:
:lol1: I thought they felt weird...

i told my dad that when i pushed on them with my thumb it left a mark like sponge .. now he wants a pair for his 03 and I havent put them on my car yet.

Looks great on the car in the pic.

Here is one next to an old Nitto of the same size (middle tire)...

S%20DR%20001.jpg

What is tire #3?

I am worried about those MTs on my 8" rims.

PKFIRE

Established Member
Is a 315/35/17 Nitto about the same size as a M/T 275/40/17? Also traction wise what's going to be the difference between a Nitto 275 vs a Nitto 315?

silvercoffin

Established Member

IMOP the difference between the sizes is weight. Its just not necessary IMOP to have the larger size tire. People hook just as well with 275s as they do with 315. Maybe if you were runninga lot more power there might be a difference.

silvercoffin

Established Member

My Mickey Thompson DRs have more than 40 passes on them and still have plenty of tread. I was only getting 30-35 on the BFG DRs. I am amazed how much longer the MT DRs last and how much better they hook compared to Nitto DRS and BFG DRs

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
Here is a little writeup that I did for a local board:

Nitto DR: Long lasting, EXCELLENT daily driver tire...if you are going for a daily driver tire then THIS IS IT! Cobra owners usually get anywhere from 5k to 13k miles out of a set. Little squirrely in the rain, but definitely manageable. These tires take a little bit of heat to hook, and average 60fts can get as low as 1.8 if you can drive well. The sidewall is stiffer than other DRs so they behave like a street tire instead of a wrinkle wall. My #1 choice.

BFG DR: Softer compound then Nittos, so they get less mileage but more hook. The sidewall is more of a wrinklewall type, so some people report instability and high speed drivability problems. Mileage varies with these tires, and it is usually less than 5k on a set. Average 60fts can dip as low as 1.7-1.8 if you drive well. Don't require as much heatup as Nittos, so they hook without a burnout...only downside is less treadlife. I wouldn't drive these tires in the rain unless you are VERY careful. If the Nittos aren't cutting it on the street then this is the next best cross between a street tire/drag radial.

Now we get to the big boys....

Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radial: This has an ultra soft compound and a very flimsy sidewall. Because of this, the tire hooks pretty well. I have never used the tire myself, but from what I am hearing 600 RWHP Cobras are hooking on the street with these tires. If you daily drive them you are going to throw the heat cycle out of whack, so expect to get less than 2k miles on a set. There is hardly any tread, so you better be pulling over if you encounter any rain. Otherwise, these tires do VERY well at the track and some people have been able to pull off 1.5 60fts.

Hoosier Drad Radials: Everyone knows what I think about these tires. These things are the closest thing you can get to a full slick. Two tread lines on the entire tire...I was able to get into the slick lane at Norwalk because they are lacking tread. Same class as the Mickeys; DO NOT drive in the rain, and if you daily drive them expect to get less than 2k miles. As for hooking, they would BOG my car when I would do 5000 RPM clutch dumps. All I do now-a-days is do a spin off because if I heat them up to much they get TOO sticky. Expect to see 1.5-1.6 60fts with a good driver and a properly setup car. Turbo Terminaotrs with 700 RWHP are hooking on the steet with these (TRBO VNM on ModularFords). There is a video of a Hellion Cobra running 9s with 335 Hoosier DRs too.

If you want the ULTIMATE drag radial then go with the Hoosier DR.

userob2002

Banned
Lethalchem said:
For those of you who are running DR's on the streets, do you have different brand tires front and back then?

my BFG hook very well when I drive about two blocks, but my car has hooked better since i went with HR race springs as well.

userob2002

Banned
TheHolyCobra said:
BFG DR: Softer compound then Nittos, so they get less mileage but more hook. The sidewall is more of a wrinklewall type, so some people report instability and high speed drivability problems.

I have always wondered why the car felt wobbly on the freeway. Now I know.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Lethalchem said:
I've been thinking about this. In order for the Nitto's to work well, they need to be heated up at the track right? SO, is there really any benifit to them on the street where a burnout before a stoplight race is generally not an option? I guess what I'm asking is, are they worth anything cold, or warm from regular driving speeds.

My nitto's worked great on the street with my whipple powered car. I traded them off and now have some 18/10.5's on the rear with street tires and there is no comparison.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
I have had BFG 315 35 18 DR. I will making the switch soon to a 17" rim along with tire. I HATE the low profile on the BFG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread