Votes: 198 32.0%
  • E.T. Streets

Votes: 167 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drohan8592

Established Member
i voted for the nttos because that's what i use for the street. i believe they're definiely the best all around drag radial. for the strip i don't run drag radials, i use ET streets 26x11.50x16. the BFG is definitely a lot stickier and will hook up better but they will not last anywhere near as long as a nitto. just my 2 cents. :burnout:

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
OnceBitten said:
My buddy's 90lx runs mid-7s in the eighth on 255/50/16 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials. He does a full-on Pro Street burnout before every pass, and recently did a 30 second series of doughnuts and figure eights on them in an abandoned parking lot. He's logged over 5000 miles of street use on them, and still has enough tread to easily recognize the pattern from 50 ft behind the car.

Next time, do a little research before you go off half-****ed talking about how poor the treadwear is. I'm looking forward to receiving my M/T's next week. I'll be sure and let you know how "sick" they make me. :rollseyes:
Hey Clem, go fu-k yourself and do your own researching,the treadwear on the tires are not that great.Don't think you're talking to an 18 year old kid here,I do enough research and I wouldn't say something for no reason. :loser:

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
I have been running BFG Drag Radial on the the street 315/30/18 They hook and go and I have 505WTQ! This should have been my first mod. I know I may get as much as 2k miles from them. I don't care. I wanted something that worked the best for my application. So when I stomp it hooks! No hop no fitment issues with H&R SS Stock iso on BBS Plasma 18x10! No other hop mods!

OnceBitten

Established Member
pld said:
Hey Clem, go fu-k yourself and do your own researching,the treadwear on the tires are not that great.Don't think you're talking to an 18 year old kid here,I do enough research and I wouldn't say something for no reason. :loser:

Ooooh...Clem, what an original insult. Everyone from the deep south isn't an inbred redneck, despite what self-superior assholes like you want to believe. It's ****y, anal-retentive bitches like you who give Candadians a bad name.

If you actually took the time to READ my post, you'd have seen that I did in fact "do my research" before posting. For the record, my friend just retired his M/T ET Street Radials with 8700 miles on them. No issues, and still able to recognize the tread pattern (although very faintly at this point).

I posted to make everyone aware that the common misperception that these tires only lasted 1-2k miles was far from accurate. You posted because you're a fool and wanted to spread your ignorant banter to other members of this board. Why don't you do us all a favor and drive your car into the lake...and be sure to wear your seatbelt...we'd all hate to see you make it back to the surface.

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
alot of people are running 315s on stock wheels. i think you may have to do something with a bolt tho

BoneCrusher

Established Member
xBlown04x said:
The guy at Direct Tire said you could not run 315/35/17 on stock wheels

I have the 315/35/17 Nitto DR on the stock rims as we speak. Tons of us have run these tires on the stock rim with zero problem. The IRS bolt is fine, nothing needs done other than mounting, balancing and bolting those mofo's on.

xBlown04x

THE REAL ORANGECRUSH
Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
I have the 315/35/17 Nitto DR on the stock rims as we speak. Tons of us have run these tires on the stock rim with zero problem. The IRS bolt is fine, nothing needs done other than mounting, balancing and bolting those mofo's on.

I said Direct tire but i Meant discount. I ordered these from one guy and called back later and a different guy said they would not work. How is the traction with those things? I running in True Street next week and i'm trying to decide between MT Drag Radials and the Nittos

BoneCrusher

Established Member
xBlown04x said:
I said Direct tire but i Meant discount. I ordered these from one guy and called back later and a different guy said they would not work. How is the traction with those things? I running in True Street next week and i'm trying to decide between MT Drag Radials and the Nittos

I run my Nitto's as my street tire and bolt on some ET Streets for the track. The MT's will hook better than the Nitto's at the strip so if your looking for a better 60 ft time go with the MT's. The nitto's are OK at the track I get low 1.8's and a high 1.7 occasionally but my buddies running the MT's can get consistent mid to high 1.6's.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
I run my Nitto's as my street tire and bolt on some ET Streets for the track. The MT's will hook better than the Nitto's at the strip so if your looking for a better 60 ft time go with the MT's. The nitto's are OK at the track I get low 1.8's and a high 1.7 occasionally but my buddies running the MT's can get consistent mid to high 1.6's.

Thats what I was going to say. If you want consistancy go with the MT's.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
+1 here too. It's a different brand of 315's that require the IRS bolt to be trimmed. Nittos aren't the best "Drag" radial but I think they're the best drag radial for street/strip use. Have fun.

JTek_55

I just picked up a set of the 275/40/17 MT's today. They look great and I am getting em put on tomorrow. I will post the results here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread