Drag Strip Results

rford13

Established Member
So I was finally able to get a respectable time out of my car. I've ran less than 10 TOTAL times with a best street tire time of 12.3 last year. Track prep and inexperience being the reason why. I could never get it to hook especially on the 1-2 shift so it forced me to granny shift and essentially slow me down.

The end of last season I bought a set of 18 inch wheels and hoosier drag radials. I was only able to make one pass with them, due to a crash (not me), on the last day the track was open and I ran 12.0 @120.

Fast forward to yesterday and on my first run (2nd run ever on the hoosiers) I ran 11.6 @124. This was straight off the highway after over an hour drive to the track, the only cool down was the tech inspection. I ran one more time and spun through 1st (let the clutch out too quick) and missed 2nd so I called it a day.

I did not use the factory launch control and had everything turned off. I took off around 3000 rpms give or take. I have 5300 miles on my car and have never had any clutch smell or clutch hang ups. I also had it on a dyno at 300 miles and it made 601 to the wheels.

IMG_20130424_201343_920_zps78bc4f2b.jpg

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Nice job. More seat time and you will get quicker. When I went from street tire to DR I took off 4 tenths and looking for more now. Once you have the confidence in the traction you can work on the shifts and such. Same thing I am doing. I have not been to the track since I ran my best though.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Nice, congrats! :thumbsup: So no electronic clutch protection interference eh? I'm considering making some passes next time with things turned off. Ran all my passes in Sport Mode last time.

rford13

Established Member
Since I put a better tire on I didn't want any nannies getting in the way. I haven't done enough launches to really have an opinion on the clutch protection. My 60ft was not horrible but there's definitely a lot left on the table. Maybe using the factory launch control in sport mode would be better. I might try next time out.

rford13

Established Member
Yea I know it's always on I just haven't done enough passes to tell if it's holding me back.

Nice pass!

Clutch protection is always on. You can turn off advance trac and traction control.

svt662

Established Member
So I was finally able to get a respectable time out of my car. I've ran less than 10 TOTAL times with a best street tire time of 12.3 last year. Track prep and inexperience being the reason why. I could never get it to hook especially on the 1-2 shift so it forced me to granny shift and essentially slow me down.

The end of last season I bought a set of 18 inch wheels and hoosier drag radials. I was only able to make one pass with them, due to a crash (not me), on the last day the track was open and I ran 12.0 @120.

Fast forward to yesterday and on my first run (2nd run ever on the hoosiers) I ran 11.6 @124. This was straight off the highway after over an hour drive to the track, the only cool down was the tech inspection. I ran one more time and spun through 1st (let the clutch out too quick) and missed 2nd so I called it a day.

I did not use the factory launch control and had everything turned off. I took off around 3000 rpms give or take. I have 5300 miles on my car and have never had any clutch smell or clutch hang ups. I also had it on a dyno at 300 miles and it made 601 to the wheels.

IMG_20130424_201343_920_zps78bc4f2b.jpg
Nice run! Are you going up Friday night? I would love to run mine but it's a conv.

rford13

Established Member
Thanks, it will probably be a week or two before I go again. If you plan on going sometime shoot me a pm.

Nice run! Are you going up Friday night? I would love to run mine but it's a conv.

Users who are viewing this thread