Drag strips in MI?

genoapb

Established Member
Are there any people in here that drag race tracks in michigan? I have been searching the web for a class I can race in michigan but cant seem to nail down any official rules and what not. I want to be able to race heads up but with rules that keep the engine mostly stock. I was reading rules on some classes and they dont allow sticks and the rules also stated the car had to be from 1986-1996? Basically I just want to race my 98 cobra here in michigan with a mostly stock motor and some suspension upgrades and be able to be competitive, HEADS UP, I dont really care for bracket racing. Does anyone know of a class like that here in MI and where I would be able ot get a look at some class rules broken down?

jtkz13

Established Member
Where in Michigan are you?

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/DragStrips.html#MI

I go to Milan & Lapeer dragway often.

Most tracks run a test & tune style track, with bracket racing also. There isnt much head to head racing except for REALLY fast guys. You wouldnt really do well with a stock Cobra.

Check out motownmuscle.com, lots of guys in there that drag, mostly metro Detroit.

genoapb

Established Member
Im in the grand rapids area and once I get into it, im sure ill be willing to travel. What kind of rules do these tracks have and what classes do you guys run or do you basically just run grudge matches against your buddies at tnt?

jtkz13

Established Member
Well you're real close to Us131 dragway then, and most everyone just goes with friends and just races for fun. Most tracks do bracket events on the weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread