Drag Wheel Question

Sizeth3

Established Member
I am sure this has been asked a million times, but looking for some opinions. I want to go with a 17x4.5 up front and a 15x8 or 15x10 in the back. Car has a Procharger on it and has traction issues. Here are my options:

Race Star Wheels:
These seem to be the most common wheel people are running. Two things I have read - Get the direct drill wheels, and they are impossible to clean. Thoughts?

SVE Drag Wheels:
Initially I thought these would be the best option for me, as I have heard positive things about the wheels, the fact that they use a stock style acorn lug nut, and the coating. Upon further research, I have found several threads that say these wheels are thick, and the lug nuts do not fully engage the studs. Thoughts?

ForgeStar F14 Drag Wheels:
These seem to be awesome on paper, are they not yet available to order?

Other options / recommendations are appreciated.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I rarely see the unilug Racestars circulating anymore, but yes direct drill are the ones you want. I never had an issue cleaning mine, not sure what the issue would be. First time I hear of it.

F14's are available for order already through certain vendors I believe Juggernaut Perf and American Muscle.

That setup looks good for what you want, I just don't like skinnies on a street car. For a track setup that is what you want though.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a set of new in the box unilug Racestars that i will sell. They were on sale when purchased so i bought 2 sets. Still don't know why I did that but oh well. PM me if you are interested.
I run a set on my 2010 car when at the track. They take a little more time to put on than direct drill but not much. Cleaning has not been an issue for me but they are only used at the track

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I have the SVE Drag wheels and they have been a great value. The 15x10 rears were around 1lb heavier than the same size RTS. I weighed both.

As for concerns with the stock lug nuts, they have worked well for me. I do 60' decent, but it's not from a shock on launch. I am foot breaking to about 1300 or so and mashing the gas.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sizeth3

Established Member
I have the SVE Drag wheels and they have been a great value. The 15x10 rears were around 1lb heavier than the same size RTS. I weighed both.

As for concerns with the stock lug nuts, they have worked well for me. I do 60' decent, but it's not from a shock on launch. I am foot breaking to about 1300 or so and mashing the gas.

Would you mind posting up a pic of your car? Thanks for the reply!

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I don't have any good ones with the SVE's. I had mine painted candy apple red. They went a little too dark imo. My good pics are with the 20's on and not what you are looking for. Sorry man.

StalkerStang

Established Member
If you have concerns about cleaning them, look into a ceramic wheel coating.

You can apply most by hand and they usually "seal" the wheel for a year or longer. Apply it to the wheels when they are new, or if you get used ones, clean the shit out of them before putting them on the car and then apply the coating.

After the coating has cured, it should make cleaning the wheel much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread