Drag Wheels

sn8kbite

Established Member
What size wheels will fit the 03 cobra so that i can run slicks on the back and skinnies up front?
what is the proper offset?
what rim diameter can i get away with?(less wheel = more sidewall)

Anyone have photos of their car with drag wheels and slicks?

trey193

Established Member
I have Bogart Drag Stars coming for my 03 Coupe. 15-3.5 up front with the welded Cobra spacer and 16515 tires. Rear consists of 16-10 wheels with a 6inch backspace and 26-11.5-16 ET Streets. With the Bogarts I have lost roughly a tad over 100lbs of rolling mass. Thats a Huge Advantage!!!:beer:

Steel City

Banned
your best bet in the long run is to buy a set of bogarts. they are a little pricey but there quality blows away weld and other cheaper wheels. if you still have the irs you will need a 16" wheel out back to clear everything. i like the 10" wide wheel with 6" backspacing...this will set it out flush with the fenderwell lip. if you like your wheels to set in just a tad 6.5" backspacing will be better. for the fronts i would run a 15" wheel and bogart welds on a spacer that will clear the cobra brakes perfectly. all you gotta do is let them know when your ordering and they will know exactly what you need. good luck and i hope this helps some:beer:

Tim Lester

Established Member
I have bogart bolted RTs the same size like Trey said F 15/3.5 With 1" spacer weld on the back. B 16/10 with a 6" B/S tires are
M/T F 26/4.5/15 B 26/11.5/16. Pick to come soon.

Tim

sn8kbite

Established Member
I have a 8.8 live axle in mine but i still have the cobra calipers and rotors on it.

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I was wondering the same thing.
what would be a good street rim that is also "LIGHT" ?
and don't you have to have longer studs with the Bogarts?seeing that they have "spacers" welded on them?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Steel City
your best bet in the long run is to buy a set of bogarts. they are a little pricey but there quality blows away weld and other cheaper wheels.

cheaper wheels? the only difference between a set of Welds and a set of Bogarts is $800 and the Welds are DOT Legal. in no way are the bogarts any better. They are even the same weight.

Sn8kbite...if you wanna spend $1400 + tires and can afford it..go for it. they are a bit easier to fit on. But if you can do a lil work (having the solid i think you can) save yourself $800+ for some other mods. i have a full set of Welds. pics will be up this weekend of the setup. i got the fronts and rear used with tires from diffwerent people off of "FOR SALE FORUMS". They are in perfect shiny condition and i spent $700.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by BADASS03SVT
cheaper wheels? the only difference between a set of Welds and a set of Bogarts is $800 and the Welds are DOT Legal. in no way are the bogarts any better. They are even the same weight.

Sn8kbite...if you wanna spend $1400 + tires and can afford it..go for it. they are a bit easier to fit on. But if you can do a lil work (having the solid i think you can) save yourself $800+ for some other mods. i have a full set of Welds. pics will be up this weekend of the setup. i got the fronts and rear used with tires from diffwerent people off of "FOR SALE FORUMS". They are in perfect shiny condition and i spent $700.

your crazy dude:rollseyes have you ever owned a weld or a bogart? i have bogarts up front and welds out back, i also previously owned another complete set of bogarts. there is no comparrison between the too, bogart is a better wheel hands down everytime.

with that said sn8kbite there is nothing wrong with a weld at all. for the price they are hard to beat and since you have a solid axle and can slap on those gt rotors and run a 15" wheel which would be better anyways. i only suggested the 16" casue the 15" wont work on the irs.:beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Steel City
your crazy dude:rollseyes have you ever owned a weld or a bogart?

see sig...:beer: full set here.

of course the billet aluminums are "prettier" but i say unless ur a show guy and can waste the money...the welds WORK just as good...

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Well...

Not quite that easy...

The welds skinnies will not work in the front of the Cobra with the 13" brakes unless you either go with a bolt on style spacer like the Maximum motorsports (which is not track legal by the way) or use longer studs and space the wheels out in excess of 3/4". By the time you add the spacers or the combination of hubcentric specers with longer studs you are already at the price of the Cobra Specific Bogart Skinny front which is the point Steel City was trying to make. If you put the Bogart wheel side by side with the Weld wheel you would understand which one is the better made wheel. The Bogart wheels are lighter than the comparable Weld equivalent and I know that to be a facr as I've owned both of them and have weigh them at the same time.

Also, where did you get the price of $1400 for the set of Bogarts? I paid $1150 for a complete set of D10's which is really not that bad for a custom made billet aluminum wheel...

Just some facts....

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
thats why i said there is some work involved. ive still only paid $700 and i have the spacers, wheels in excellent condition and front skinnies (used 10 times) and rear slicks (used 10 times). im happy. if u want bling, go for the bogarts...but the welds work.

the $1400 was quoted ot me from 2 people that i asked about prices when i was lookin. actually it was like $13xx. i dunno about the weight of bogarts but i thought someone said 9lbs for the fronts....my weld front was 10.

its just a preferance i guess :burnout:

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by RandyWick
I've had both also and Bogarts are the way to go. Spacers piss me off

what about goin trailor trash??? come back to your roots randy:p

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Bogarts are better then Welds hands down. The Bogart wheels are custom wheels made to the size you need to fit your application. Welds are off the shelf wheels, and sometimes you need spacers etc to get them to work properly.

Bogarts are also lighter then Welds in a similar style/size.

Just like the others said. Bogarts are a much better wheel. Not saying that the Welds are bad, id probably buy them because im a cheap ass lol.

Users who are viewing this thread