Dragon TB or Accufab?

Which TB is the best?

• Dragon TB

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • Accufab TB

Votes: 58 36.9%
  • STFU and quit your bitching. Go buy a leaf blower and hook it up to your plenum...

Votes: 24 15.3%

• Total voters

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
Which ones the better of the two?

I've heard of people having issues tuning with the Dragon? Any info?

I trust Accufab, as I've used them before....but idk.

racebronco2

Established Member
Which ones the better of the two?

I've heard of people having issues tuning with the Dragon? Any info?

I trust Accufab, as I've used them before....but idk.

I had my car tuned by rick at amazon tuning with the dragon and the tune was spot on. The idle was high for a few days but i was told that by posi before i bought the dragon tb that the computer will need a few days to adjust for the tb. Now the idle is just like stock.

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
I had my car tuned by rick at amazon tuning with the dragon and the tune was spot on. The idle was high for a few days but i was told that by posi before i bought the dragon tb that the computer will need a few days to adjust for the tb. Now the idle is just like stock.

Sweet. That sounds like exactly what I needed to know actually. So he got it spot on with the first tune?

cobracide

Established Member
For plug and play ease with no idle issues out of the box, i'd have to say Accufab. The Dragon has a cleaner design moving out the iac. Dragon idle issues drove me crazy until I pushed my tps voltage down to .85v and now it's great. It idles in the 800's as opposed to 1200's with the tps calibrated correctly at .99v The trick is to notch the tps sensor so you can rotate it and get some adjustment out of it. The dragon is a solid gain on the dyno @ 500hp and the throttle response of a sbtb has to be experienced.

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Dragon here with no issues at all. Never had any. Had an LFP on the last car and had all those issues.

0310thstock

Established Member
I have Dragon. Getting the damn thing to idle was a pain. Once I got it to idle, it was fine. It looks better to me.

EVL VNM

Established Member
Had an Accufab with no problems, now getting a Dragon. We will see what happens i guess.

saleencobra

Established Member
i have a posi ported dragon and i have idle issues i just got it tuned and the idle likes to stay at like 1400-1600 and will eventually fall to 1000 which is fine. but any time i rev it a little and it goes up above 1500 it take awhile to fall back down.

not sure how to fix it its only been tuned for a few days and still does it. can anyone post pictures of where i tweak it. thanks!

Alb Cobra

Established Member
read racebronco2's reply. if it dont go back down after a few hundred miles you can always add a spring. that is what i did with one of my accufabs. i did not try to tune it to idle better. it will make the pedal feel a little stiffer but you wont have the hanging idle.

cobracide

Established Member
read racebronco2's reply. if it dont go back down after a few hundred miles you can always add a spring. that is what i did with one of my accufabs. i did not try to tune it to idle better. it will make the pedal feel a little stiffer but you wont have the hanging idle.

How many miles have you driven with it since it was put on? I notched the tps sensor to give it some rocking motion to adjust the tps LOWER than stock (.89v) because mine idled at about 1200-1400rpms. After about 400 miles, I re-adjusted the tps voltage to .98v and idle is now 975 ish. If you don't know what I'm talking about then call Stefan at Dragon and he will get you straight.

Last edited:

saleencobra

Established Member
only put a 100 miles or so on it since it got tuned again it drove fine when i put it on and had it tuned originally about 300 miles ago it idled at about.. 1000 and now after a retune it is doing what i described

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
There was a flow test and dyno test done by Posi a while back I think. And the Dragon turned out to be the best.

I will have to settle with my ported stocker for now, but if I ever get to go Whipple or KB, I will get the dragon.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
How many miles have you driven with it since it was put on? I notched the tps sensor to give it some rocking motion to adjust the tps LOWER than stock (.89v) because mine idled at about 1200-1400rpms. After about 400 miles, I re-adjusted the tps voltage to .98v and idle is now 975 ish. If you don't know what I'm talking about then call Stefan at Dragon and he will get you straight.

Oh probably about 3-4K once I had the spring I just left on and did not worry about it.

I finally started my car with the dragon TB and still working on the tune but it will idle high but not for long and it will settle down. When I had this problem with the accufab it took a long time for it to settle (and extremely annoying I could litterally shift gears with out pressing the pedal once). The dragon settles down much much faster than the accufab did.

I am having some vacuum issues that I have to work on.............it is never ending...........

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I have had my Posi Ported Dragon setup for about a month maybe...it idled high for a little while but it came down on its on just from sitting in the driveway letting it idle.

It now idles at or about 875 to 850.

First thing I did was make sure I did not have any vaccum leaks, the worked from there.

Users who are viewing this thread