Dragon Throttle Body and Tune Questions

fastgt110

Established Member
I just installed a dragon throttle body and plenum on my car and have been having a little trouble getting the car to idle. After i disconnted the battery to reset the computer and did like a 1/4 turn on the idle screw I got mine to idle around 1k. My problem is the idle stays up high after you come off the gas and after a couple secs comes back down. Is this a common thing for the single blade throttle bodies? I'm thinking of buying a new IAC motor to see if that helps but figured i cant be the only one having issues with this.

Also i had my car dyno tuned before i installed this throttle body and plenum. and it came in @ 466hp / 489ft/lbs. My question is do you guys think a retune is required? I am most likely going to buy a wide band to monitor and my tuner said i shouldn't have to but just wanted to make sure.

Comp281

Established Member
I'm thinking about picking up a dragon TB soon so I'd like to hear if many people have the hanging idle problem. I had that with the accufab on my last cobra but it wasn't too much of a problem.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
The Dragon instructions specifically say not to adjust the idle screw. He sets it before they go out. It's more of a stop instead of idle adjustment. You want it set so the blade is closed but not sticking.

I just installed mine a month ago. You need to get the TPS voltage to around .98 with the ignition on and car off. This may require you to slot the TPS sensor bolt holes. However, I did not have to.

Then it's a matter of letting the car learn the idle characteristics. It will have a hanging idle but after about 8 trips to the market or where ever you go it will come down. Mine idles and drives like stock now.

cobracide

Established Member
Reset the PCM and then give it about a week to adjust. THEN see where you are at and report back. Personally, as long as mine idles below 1k - I could care less.

If you still are having problems after that.. Check your throttle volts key on engine off. Also, look into "setting base idle", and "slotting the TPS". There are numerous posts on all of this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread