60-2.01

04 terminator
mods;

-pulley
-mac long tubes
-lethal catless x
-borla exhaust
-steeda short shifter (brand new)
-brand new 850hp capable clutch (single disc)
-nitto drag radial / skinnies on fronts
-throttle body
-cold air

car came in at 468 rwhp and 500 tq on a mustang dyno

my question is what should an experienced dragger be able to make my car do.....honest opinions please...

bobafett

Established Member
thanks guys...what tire do you recommend...I still spun a little and did some good burnouts...

SVT_Troy

Established Member
a 2.01 isn't a good 60ft time so you had to be spinning quit a bit. What tire pressure were you running and explain your process from approaching the water box to launching. Getting this nailed down more efficiently along with practice will probably net you better times with your current setup.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You need to get out there and practice and you will get better. When I ran on nittos I had the best results slipping the clutch from 3500 rpms. I was cutting mid to high 1.7 60s on the same set up as you.

You should be in the mid to high 11s with more seat time in the low 120s. Find you a pair of bias ply slicks and launch that thing around 5000-5500.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
also keep in mind the rear end of the car makes a big difference, or people wouldn't go to the trouble and cost of switching in solid axles and gear swaps. If you're basic factory irs and 3.55 gears, you need to temper expectations

bobafett

Established Member
a 2.01 isn't a good 60ft time so you had to be spinning quit a bit. What tire pressure were you running and explain your process from approaching the water box to launching. Getting this nailed down more efficiently along with practice will probably net you better times with your current setup.

18lbs rear tire pressure

avoided water for the burnout

thinking 3300 - 4500 for launch feathering clutch

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
your pullied cobra has alot more in it! with practice you will be running consistant mid-elevens with that setup. have fun :beer:

Freakingstang

Established Member
you're making good power. 474/495 on a dynojet and I went 11.6's @ 119 in a heavy vert. but took me hundreds of passes on street tires to do that. I'd leave at 16-1800 slip the clutch to get it moving then mat it. 60' on kdw2's were normal 1.8's but had a few 1.75-1.77. power shifting will get you a few more mph.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
What track?

3 things you need like everyone mentioned, good tires, good 60', good shift points. Power shifting is always what you want but it's really rough on all the parts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is your blower ported? With those numbers on a Mustang Dyno I would expected a ported Eaton. For reference, my '03 Cobra (with ported blower) making 504rwhp (DynoJet) ran 11.4@123. The recommendations posted above are all excellent. Follow them, along with lots of practice and you'll be amazed.

I'm going to assume that you have a stock IRS rear setup. If that is the case, be smart and strengthen it. Here is some help from my Terminator FAQs. When you get there from the link, read the info and click on the Red Pill for IRS strengthening info. Pay attention, too, to the note there about the Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS bushing kit if you're sticking with the factory IRS. The kit isn't cheap, but is well worth the money spent!

Jmurrz

Established Member
island dragway, great meadows NJ

let me know when you are going again. I would love to not be the only cobra there! I say get a set of bias ply tires for the rear. There is a set for sale locally to us on craigslist for $200 http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/5058460771.html . This setup will clear your brakes and IRS with no grinding and this is the exact setup I run on the rear. It is a good cheap intro setup that will allow you to launch harder. I wouldn't expect any astounding times from Island though, I trapped 121 a few months ago with 580rwhp.

bobafett

Established Member
Is your blower ported? With those numbers on a Mustang Dyno I would expected a ported Eaton. For reference, my '03 Cobra (with ported blower) making 504rwhp (DynoJet) ran 11.4@123. The recommendations posted above are all excellent. Follow them, along with lots of practice and you'll be amazed.

I'm going to assume that you have a stock IRS rear setup. If that is the case, be smart and strengthen it. Here is some help from my Terminator FAQs. When you get there from the link, read the info and click on the Red Pill for IRS strengthening info. Pay attention, too, to the note there about the Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS bushing kit if you're sticking with the factory IRS. The kit isn't cheap, but is well worth the money spent!

I don't think its ported and rear is stock

Users who are viewing this thread