Dragtimes Switzer GT-R 250mph standing mile!

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
:dw: Uh....what?

PPR GT clocking the Florida Mile event at 283....

The "Florida Mile" event was the PPR owner's own event. We all know it isn't legit so don't let the Ford badge convince you otherwise. SVTP would be up in arms if it was a Vette or GTR making the same claim.

On the bright side the camo FGT at Texas actually DID run in the high 260s so it isn't like Ford isn't still at the top :beer:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The "Florida Mile" event was the PPR owner's own event. We all know it isn't legit so don't let the Ford badge convince you otherwise. SVTP would be up in arms if it was a Vette or GTR making the same claim.

On the bright side the camo FGT at Texas actually DID run in the high 260s so it isn't like Ford isn't still at the top :beer:

No brand bias. I was unaware that Top Gun was actually run by PPR.

Hennessey is shooting for 270 this weekend. Hopefully they get it.

kaz109

Established Member
Ford GT is also a street car. Just a faster street car.

Define street car since multiple ppl on here are saying the GT was nowhere close to a full weight full interior true street car.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Are we really going to let our fandom for Ford get in the way of how BS that run was? Come on guys. I love the FGT as much as anyone here, but we all know that run was completely manipulated. :rollseyes

This is the exact same thing man. Anything that wasn't run at the Texas Mile is called BS -

All those records at the Texas Mile were with the same timing equipment, surface, measuring length, etc, etc.

Very impressive - but hard to judge it against anything else yet. What other cars have run at this spot and what did they turn? How could you claim one was manipulated but the other wasn't?

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
This is the exact same thing man. Anything that wasn't run at the Texas Mile is called BS -

All those records at the Texas Mile were with the same timing equipment, surface, measuring length, etc, etc.

Very impressive - but hard to judge it against anything else yet. What other cars have run at this spot and what did they turn? How could you claim one was manipulated but the other wasn't?

Well we have video evidence for one thing as well as hundreds of spectators.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
That florida car did not run 283mph with the work it has done.. not in a mile, anyway. It's not physically possible. M2K's (not Hennessey's car btw), just went 278 today.. it took every bit of 22-2300whp, a custom geared trans, and tons of magic to get it there. You're not going to go 283 in the same car without a solid 24-2500whp. The math just doesn't even come close..

Furthermore, M2K's car still has full interior, factory wiring, dash, radio, air conditioner, carpet, door panels, trim panels, console, heater, stock suspension (just lowered a few inches), and has the additional weight of a cage. It's as close to a street car as you can get. It can be driven daily if you wanted to. It's got a built motor and trans, standalone, and a turbo kit.. that's it.

Last edited:

TheHitman™

Established Member
I'm sorry I'm still not understanding completely. The difference was 21.8 compared to 22.6..so almost a full second. Let's assume the average speed in that last second is 240...that means that these two cars if going against each others times would be 280ft. (roughly) from each other. That's not even taking into account that the TTG was 15mph faster as well. The TTG is not maxed out either.

The GT-R in this video was not maxed out. On GT-R life Switzer stated the car was at about 75% power when it did that pass. It has a lot more left in it.

While the Ford GT has gone faster give respect where respect is due. This car has a 3.8L motor and weighs 4000lbs (it's full weight!!!)

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The GT-R in this video was not maxed out. On GT-R life Switzer stated the car was at about 75% power when it did that pass. It has a lot more left in it.

While the Ford GT has gone faster give respect where respect is due. This car has a 3.8L motor and weighs 4000lbs (it's full weight!!!)

I heard it had no gas pedal and 87 octane in the tank.

Fanboys-Help-620x.jpg

TheHitman™

Established Member
I heard it had no gas pedal and 87 octane in the tank.

Fanboys-Help-620x.jpg

All I see you do is hate on GT-R threads or post something downplaying or hating on an accomplishment. I understand you don't like the car but rather than hating on it's accomplishment just say congrats, nothing or move the hell on.

Oh yeah and this is sick:

[youtube_browser]NCyI6eiMbuA[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread